What's new

A trip to Cedar Point for Band 5/12/17

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Hello!
Just this past Friday, I was able to go to Cedar Point with my school's band, and I have to say, this was one of the best days I've ever been to Cedar Point! From 3 rides on Maverick, to hanging out with my friends, to even not having to buy a single locker the entire day!
Now, time for the Report!
Maverick x3
Wicked Twister x1
MaxAir x1
Gatekeeper x1
Raptor x1
ValRavn x1
Rougarou x3
Iron Dragon x1
Pipe Scream x2
So, when we got there, we had to march in a little parade thing, but I actually got a small backstage view of Gatekeeper. After we marched, my group met up and we headed to Iron Dragon. It's a nice little ride, very scenic and pretty. After that we headed to Rougarou, which was one of my friend's 4th roller coaster. More on that later.
We then headed over to get a snack from Auntie Anne's to then learn that they HAD NO WATER. No water. So, we all had to pitch in a few bucks for 5 drinks and a pretzel. We then got to Maverick, which had a 45 minute wait, but my friend timed it and it was really 30 minutes. Still the best in the park IMO. `So fast, much high banks. We took a quick ride on the Chair swings and then headed to Gemini, waited in line for a bit, and then learned that they were only running ONE TRAIN on ONE SIDE. While there were two trains, only one had people on it. So, we got out of line after I got some pics of Mean Streak. We hit Pipe Scream twice and then headed to Raptor. We also rode Gatekeeper and Valravn during this time. This is where things got a bit crazy. Remember the friend in which Rougarou was his 4th roller coaster? Well, he and my friend who timed our wait on Maverick and other rides rode Top Thrill Dragster in the Front row. Now, this might not seem too weird at first, but the one didn't like roller coasters too much when we arrived, and the other rode his 4th coaster just today. We were all shouting to them that they were insane, and in the end they liked it.
Later, on Wicked Twister, One of my friends (The one who rode TTD) gets scared because "The launch sounds like Dying Orphans," but I forced him on anyways. At the end of the day, some of my friends rode MF, and some of them just stayed put and waited. I, on the other hand, got an entire row on Rougarou all to myself.
2:40 later...
It broke down. Yup, I was on it and it broke down, A first for me.
It eventually gets fixed and I get off, but my friends have already moved, waiting for me.
We ended our day together with a stop at the Sweet Spot, and then went back to the Carousel.
But wait, there's more!
My family was there so then I went back to Maverick for two more rides.

I have to say, I really enjoyed this trip! I've never seen this short of lines for Maverick, I got pelted with bugs, and I walked till my legs almost fell off!
I hope you enjoyed!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What's the deal with VR on Iron Dragon? Are they running it, if so did you try it?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Sounds like you had a really good day. Parks are always the best when you have a good group of friends to share it with. Even a mediocre park can be made great with a fun group and you were at Cedar Point so...