What's new

A new take on and an old idea (UC)

Error

Strata Poster
Not sure if annnnnnnyone remember this. Hopefully I will make awesome and work.

FuriousFalconV2-110514022543000.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No, I'm afraid it's not for me either. I'll ignore that though, it looks like it could be pretty good. Is that a launch in the tunnel?

Error

Strata Poster
^Haven't you learned anything from me? My layouts are good, but my building is awful.

More screenshots, I swear the next update you get a name and logo.
FuriousFalconV2-110604023649000.jpg

FuriousFalconV2-110604023810001.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I like the look of that hill into the turn into the s-bend on the left hand side of the first picture. Looks really nice.

A

Anonymous

I posted about it in the "NL Q&A" topic a while ago, and is one of the thing that I use to effectively remove roughness that is due to node handle lengths...

Just select one segment at a time and press 'I', repeat so you have done it to all the segments you want to smooth, then select all of them ant "Ctrl + G". It will need to have a good amount of nodes for this to work perfectly, but it can really make a difference pretty quickly...

Xpress

Strata Poster
Yeah, it can turn a decent built track into a great built track, and it doesn't take all of the head scratching to smooth out an element.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow. Maybe Loefet will have to help you, but my suggestion is maybe your nodes a bit too close?

A

Anonymous

That was strange, how many nodes do you use?? One every 5-10 meters is usually fine for me. Is it just that section or all of it? Had a similar thing happen to me today (first time for me since I started to use 'I' to smooth tracks), ended up redoing the section instead...