What's new

5 Theme Parks Where Childhood Goes to Die

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Saw this today on Cracked.com

Theme parks are the only a place a child can spend an entire day puking and still never want to leave. The rides, the funnel cake, the lights and the plush characters all combine into a perfect storm of overstimulation that will confuse ordinary children into waiting in lines for hours just to be scared out of their minds.

But not every theme park understands the formula completely. Some people only see the vomit and hear the screams of children and say, "Yeah, I could make them do that, too."

http://www.cracked.com/article_19959_5-theme-parks-where-childhood-goes-to-die.html

These aren't amusement parks in the sense that you would find rides & games there, but it's still amusement-industry related so I thought I'd put this up for you all to check out. They're... unique, to say the least.

Ben

CF Legend
I'd actually go to that Soviet Experience, it sounds AMAZING <3

(I have a degree in Eastern European History, and thus it'd really interest me, if that makes this weird post make any more sense).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nope it's still weird. It's just justified weird. ;)

Ben

CF Legend
madhjsp said:
Here's another interesting theme park list from the same site: The 9 Most Baffling Theme Parks From Around the World.

Who knew there was a poorly-done and completely unauthorized copy of Disney world in Beijing?

Me, cause I've been there!

They've really toned it down since Disney threatened to spite them, which is a shame. They still have an AMAZING knock-off of Soarin' though, complete with pirated video of the original <3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Loved the article and unlike the serious "reportage" on these things, it was actually a fun read :)

Being a history nerd, that Soviet thing sounds pretty awesome. Not that I want to faint or be mentally/physically hurt, but it's something I'd do if I went to Lithuania :p .

Penis park <3 All those parks are pretty interesting in their own respects. I'd do to them just for **** and giggles (not that Jesus dying is hilarious for those of you who are religious haha).

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I think my single favorite picture from either of the two articles has to be this one:

loveland5.jpg

I feel like it deserves some kind of meme treatment. :lol: