What's new

3 RMC's coming in 2016?

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
So I have read from various sources, but some people have said they were able to talk to Alan Schilke at WiCycl media day and they all have said that Alan said there are 3 coasters coming next year. Apparently, this is what he has said-
*A new, never seen before coaster
*A Iron House conversion of 1 Six Flags coaster
*A Iron House conversion of 1 non Six Flags coaster
So after some digging, this is what to expect-
1. Shot Rod, a launched RMC woodie at Dollywood
2. Le Monstre Iron Horse conversion at La Ronde
3. Twisted Twins Iron Horse conversion at KK

Now these are just rumors I have heard, so none of this may be true. I had to start a topic about this when I heard about it, because currently I absoluetly love RMC and am very excited to see what's to come. Anyone else heard anything?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Can I hope 1 is a RMC revival of the Lake Monster Project at Darien Lake?

Even though I prefer the Topper Track rides, Iron Horses are still good rides.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Le Monstre is pretty much confirmed, as a teaser sign outside the ride says something around the lines of "This ride is going to get a lot meaner."

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
Le Monstre is pretty much confirmed, as a teaser sign outside the ride says something around the lines of "This ride is going to get a lot meaner."

...Source?

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
GuyWithAStick said:

I heard about that sign also. Heard about it in a Coaster Studios Youtube video.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Yes, but not any good ones.

All hopes of ever getting Wildfire to open sometime in 2016 is officially gone I'm afraid.

The park appealed to the higher Land and Environment Court and they were awaiting a hearing sometime this summer. It has however now been decided by "Supreme" Land and Environment Court that a small group of people who own a private road a bit further down the park has he right to appeal the project. Their right to appeal was overruled earlier by both the County Board and the Land and Environment Court.

But now it has been decided that they should be allowed to appeal, and the case will go back to the County Board again.

I'm not really following all the different directions this is taking, but I think that the case must now be treated by the County Board again before the Land and Environment Court can treat it, I don't think they will treat it parallel with each other. And we all know that the County Board isn't really that enthusiastic about the project as well..

I'm really starting to feel that Parks and Resorts should just invest the Wildfire money in the other parks for the next years, and start making a proper zoning plan for Kolmården, and then get Wildfire of the ground. There is just to much bureaucracy in this country..

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Hasn't been confirmed, but RMC does many re-tracking projects and new Iron Horse/Topper Track coasters simultaneously. GhostRider certainly could use some re-tracking and I hope they go with RMC, but they could just as easily go with someone else. However, hiring RMC to do their re-tracking for woodies like GhostRider, Timber Wolf, Wild Beast, Mean Streak or the Hurlers could go a long way in starting up a solid relationship between Cedar Fair and RMC. After that it might not be long before we see Cedar Fair actually having Iron Horse or full-on RMC woodies.
There's another topic about the GhostRider rumor mill here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38982

Darren B

Giga Poster
^Yeah, I don't see any other possibility.

Dollywood is straightforward, we know they're calling it Hot Rod and ground has been broken (from what I saw a fair amount of ground had been cleared on a hill so there will be a terrain section to it). Hopefully Ben or Tay took a photo of it?

Kentucky Kingdom is also a dead cert. we're seeing that the coaster is currently being altered from it's original form.

The other option is either Roar or Ghostrider. Roar is apparently still quite a good coaster so it seems a little strange that they're giving it the treatment. It will also be the first coaster to be transformed whilst the original manufacturer is still in business (GCI). Ghostrider seems the obvious choice, however, CF have never had any dealings with RMC and there's nothing to suggest they will anytime soon. Also, if this isn't a Roar conversion then it'll be the first year since the SF/RMC partnership that they haven't constructed anything. I'm positive that SF have RMC booked in for years to come so it wouldn't make sense to go a year without, especially with the popularity of their coasters. I'm putting all bets on Roar getting Ironed out.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Also with the Roar thing, keep in mind that these conversions stopped being about which coaster "deserve" the treatment years ago. Now it's mostly a business decision. Which wooden coasters are costing the most money to keep running well every year, and which park needs a boost in attendance with an exciting new addition, at the lowest cost.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
John Knotts said:
Also with the Roar thing, keep in mind that these conversions stopped being about which coaster "deserve" the treatment years ago. Now it's mostly a business decision. Which wooden coasters are costing the most money to keep running well every year, and which park needs a boost in attendance with an exciting new addition, at the lowest cost.
It has always been business related "deserving" or not. I also feel that is a horrible term to describe the conversions. Obviously the parks want to get the most bang for their buck. Land is money, why use more when you can reuse the same plot and modify an existing structure for a fraction of the cost. Return on investment is what makes these companies successful, and RMC has fulfilled this every time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
I just don't feel Roar is the best coaster they could pick to be honest. It's still a good ride that's not old, and one of the bigger attractions at that park.

I think they'd be better off building one from scratch at that park - why are we ruling that out?

Darren B

Giga Poster
^Because they have next to no avaliable space to build anything large scale. They've also not announced the closure of anything and no evident construction work is apparent within the park. Surely ground clearing would be well underway by now?