What's new

25-state, 40-park, month-and-a-half, post-pandemic extravaganza

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, that's gotta be one of the most epic ones I recall ever following. Can't wait for the stats. <3

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Gilroy is a fantastic park! If they could just get themselves one of the GG Family woodies. SCBB must always be packed, it was miserably busy on my visit and having just come from Gilroy, I kinda wished I just stayed there.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
1629519885761.jpg

I’ll figure out where the new credits fit in terms of my rankings, and what were the best coasters of the trip soon, but for now here are some of the basic stats of my trip:

Parks (successfully) visited: 37.
(Not including Sam’s Fun City, which I entered twice but where I never rode anything)

Credit count before trip: 560

Credit count at the end of the trip: 673

New credits: 113

Denied credits at visited parks: 21 (either coasters not operating (or rudely SBNO), or kiddie coasters that I didn’t (or couldn’t 😖) ride)

Parks on original itinerary but not (successfully) visited: Sam’s Fun City (coasters not operating/ready); The Park at OWA (park closed due to heavy rain); Cultus Lake Park and PNE Playland (Canadian border not open before trip so I made plans to spend those days with a friend in Portland; the border did actually open up about a week before I reached the area, but I was already committed by then)

Worst spites (in order of pain):
1. Iron Gwazi
2. Pantheon
3. Diamond Back (Frontier City) and Sidewinder (Elitch Gardens)
PNE’s Coaster would rank number two in this list, but it was a self-inflicted spite)

Number of rental cars used: 2
Number of windshields cracked: 1
Number of cracked windshields I ended up having to pay for: 0
Number of different hotels stayed in: 23 (ranging from cheap motels to high-end hotels)
Most redolent dwelling: Super 8 in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Most perk-filled hotel: Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
Best wildlife seen in the wild: bighorn sheep at Glenwood Caverns, Colorado
Best wildlife seen in captivity: bears galore in Yellowstone Bear World
Friendliest wildlife: mud-covered hog in Bear World
Most stunning drive: Utah Scenic Byway 128, which stretches from a ghost town called Cisco to Moab.
Best hikes: Delicate Arch Trail and Double O Arch Trail in Arches National Park
Best urban wilderness: Washington Park in Portland, Oregon
Most insanely, oppressively hot days: BGW and Legoland, Florida
Shadiest park: Gilroy Gardens
Best trees: Live oaks in Savannah, banyan tree in Cypress Gardens, cedars in Portland, redwoods on University of California Santa Cruz campus
Park/hotel with best meals I had: Universal
Scariest moment: left my debit card in a parking meter machine in Chattanooga; returned two hours later to find some angel had placed it in a discreet spot on top of the (tall) machine. o_O
Most otherworldly weather: Dead Horse Point, Utah

That’s all for now. Let me know if there’s a good category I forgot, other than best/worst coasters of the trip, which is upcoming.

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Did you keep track of what your total mileage was? I'm about 2312 miles in to my current trip, ha. Maybe I'll do a poor man's version on your TR for my far less interesting trip

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Did you keep track of what your total mileage was? I'm about 2312 miles in to my current trip, ha. Maybe I'll do a poor man's version on your TR for my far less interesting trip
I did not keep track of the mileage. For one thing I switched rental cars, and then for the California portion I drove my sister’s car.

I was keeping track of the steps with Fitbit for a while — amusement parks can result in 25-30K steps in a day! — but I fell out of recharging the device after a while. So that little GoogleMaps map above is the best summary of the distance I have. I’m sure I racked up quite a few miles by wheel and by foot.

MartyNZ

Roller Poster
I've been chipping away reading this over the last couple of nights. Glad you documented this as it's just too epic not to talk about. I might have to read it all again though. I've seen some ambitious trips, but this was next level.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I've been chipping away reading this over the last couple of nights. Glad you documented this as it's just too epic not to talk about. I might have to read it all again though. I've seen some ambitious trips, but this was next level.
Hey, Marty! I’m glad you liked it and I’m glad you made it onto this forum! Maybe stick around?

Yes, I’m glad I documented the trip on here as well, albeit with mostly short reports (there were really just too many days for the kind of lengthy, detailed trip reports that are the norm on CoasterForce).

Some day we should meet up and ride coasters with Sean!

MartyNZ

Roller Poster
Yeah i'll follow along in here and check some posts when I get time. It's been years since I last did any sort of forums! Definitely on my plans to get over to US again when I can. My yearly passes expire end of this year unless I can get them extended for 2022 again. We should try and get Sean onto these forums, but I know he doesn't really do these things anymore, unless we can convince him? Also what's David's name on here? I know he's into the CF community of some sorts.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Yeah i'll follow along in here and check some posts when I get time. It's been years since I last did any sort of forums! Definitely on my plans to get over to US again when I can. My yearly passes expire end of this year unless I can get them extended for 2022 again. We should try and get Sean onto these forums, but I know he doesn't really do these things anymore, unless we can convince him? Also what's David's name on here? I know he's into the CF community of some sorts.
I wouldn’t push Sean to do anything he doesn’t want to — encouragement is fine, of course. And which David do you mean? If you mean Rollercoaster David, he goes by Daviddoc on here. Edit: scratch that: I see he goes by Rollercoaster David on here now, too.