What's new

2012 CF WC R1 - (8) JammyBand VS (9) TheKingin64

Colossus

Giga Poster
This is a 2012 CF World Championship First round match up between (8) JammyBand and (9) TheKingin64

The stipulation is - Terrain

Entries to be in by 9th December.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Bwrw Eira Bobsleigh

Just of the coast of Wales, Bwrw Eira Island was once a very popular ski
resort with the world's steepest slopes and a Mack Bobsleigh. Soon, health and safety closed the island off to anyone because of various deaths and injuries on the island.

After a while, urban explorers discovered the abondoned island and decide to get the derelict bobsleigh backgoing. They were never seen again.

Shot0139.png

Whole Island with bobsleigh and both derelict skilifts

Shot0140.png

Whole course of ride.

Shot0141.png

Different view. The big building that houses the station is also meant to be the main building of the ski resort. It now sits empty.

Shot0142.png

Yet another view of the ride with one of the old ski-lifts in front.

Shot0143.png

Final view.

Shot0144.png

The old ski-lift at the back of the park.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9TDATV18q0[/youtube]
Video. Sorry about the bad video editing near the end. I couldn't easily do much about that.

BBH

Giga Poster
All I can say for now until voting, at least publicly, is that I'm impressed. If you want a more detailed opinion, shoot me a private message. :)

reddude333

Giga Poster
^I didn't know we were doing mid-round critiques/helping people. I think once an entry is submitted it should be left alone. We don't want biased competitions where one person is getting a lot of help and the other isn't. BBH, although I gave you my opinion of your entry, I figured it was done and finished. I'm all for improving entries after they have been submitted etc. but let's let the contestants show what they can do.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Agreed. Although its not particularly "friendly" as such, it does ameliorate the competition.

All I can say is: great job Kingin64! A terrain bobsleigh is rather unique and something I'd never thought of! A really solid entry which has undoubtedly set the bar.

I guess compliments are permitted, opposed to criticisms.

Colossus

Giga Poster
reddude333 said:
^I didn't know we were doing mid-round critiques/helping people. I think once an entry is submitted it should be left alone. We don't want biased competitions where one person is getting a lot of help and the other isn't. BBH, although I gave you my opinion of your entry, I figured it was done and finished. I'm all for improving entries after they have been submitted etc. but let's let the contestants show what they can do.

Agreed, we all love constructive criticism, but lets save it for AFTER the voting rounds of each match up, and the results are finalized, same as we do normally, criticism pre-vote can influence other voters, and that's not what this is about.
There`s nothing wrong with saying "good job" but full in-depth analysis should be saved for after voting, all topics will be kept open afterwards for this.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Thanks for the praise so far!

Small fact for you which helps with the "shut for health & safety reasons" theme around the ride. In original testing of the ride, the train actually flew off the track on one of the final corners! That corner happens to be the one after my bit of bad video editing. A small change in the layout by adding the small MCBR solved that problem.

The train still gets very close to the edge though.

BBH

Giga Poster
We can only hope he gets it in by tomorrow, I would hate to see somebody win by default.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Or, we only evict the two with the least overall votes?
Anyway, a short delay won't matter significantly.

900th post!

JammyBand

Roller Poster
Its coming along, although I need to work extra hard over the next few hours to get it up to a high standard. I will be really annoyed with myself if I don't this in on time.

Also, my time is GMT and I know there are some Americans here, so my posts come in at awkward times.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Don`t worry if its in a little bit late, aslong as its in within the next 2 hours, that would be cool.

JammyBand

Roller Poster
My ride is as finished. I have recorded it, but need a video compressor! :?

Edit: Really sorry, I am going to have to upload this tomorrow. Sorry to be a pain, but I am sorting out video compressors and such.

By the way, this is definitely my most ambitious project yet! You will not be expecting it. :wink:

Colossus

Giga Poster
Important Announcement.

This cannot have a mere 2 days for voting, its not fair to TheKingin64 and everybody else who got their entry's in in time.
JammyBand will now have to forfeit and TheKingin64 will progress to the Quarter-Finals.