What's new

2012 CF RCT 3 World Championship Hub

Colossus

Giga Poster
nealbie said:
It's not the coasters of the past deathfearsnone, but the theming style.

As a basic example. The wild west vs space.

That was my idea when I came up with it as a suggestion.

^ Yeah that would be perfectly legit, get your wild west out Neal, I'ma taking the future :)

reddude333

Giga Poster
I am totally interpreting this as past vs. future theming. I wouldn't imagine this has anything to do with when certain coaster types came out.

Colossus

Giga Poster
^^ That's okay, plus there's no saying reddude333 will take the future. ;)

For the record it would be "any coaster you want" themed to either the past, so you could do a B&M Dinosaur themed ride, or the future, so you could do a woodie on space.

Theming is the star here.

We all good with that, yes?

deathfearsnone

Roller Poster
Yeah I think I have a few ideas.......

Either A
People subbed to me will be really happy

Or B People subbed to me will be shocked :p

Win win for them.

reddude333

Giga Poster
As opposed to......?

Are you saying that you feel scenery/theming etc. has been higher regarded than coaster building?

nealbie

CF Legend
I agree with Reddude... What do you mean deathfearsnone?

For example my coaster in the last round seemed to get good reviews and there was very little theming. So the ride itself must have made a good impression.

In general, as far as I see RCT. Theming can make a great coaster perfect, but it won't cover up shortcomings if the base is ****.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Yeah there's nothing gimmicky about having a basic restriction on each round.

We have these so people actually make a coaster for each round as opposed to just entering something pre-made that they spent 2 years making.

All round restrictions have been really basic anyway, whats gimmicky about having a set theme? Or making a B&M / Intamin coaster? 95% of all RCT 3 creations are one of the two.

We just had 2 basic coaster competitions late last year, one of which had virtually no restrictions.

But wait until this finishes and the normal competitions start up again, where 1 person host's and there's normally lots of restrictions and not much room for negotiation.

scw55

Hyper Poster
Past Vs Future seems interesting.

Coincidentally it seems to run parallel with my current project. I eagerly look forwards to stealing some more ideas.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Haha, we can always count on you to do that! I'm just kidding though...your stuff is always unique...with the exception of that last invert haha.

deathfearsnone

Roller Poster
I mean one stipiulation for a final round one theme. Not 2 different themes it was okay for the first round but round after round usually do other challenges in contest. I'm no Noob when it comes to forum contest. I was just giving a suggestion. As for dropping out I might be forced to work 6 to 7 days these next few weeks due to many injuries jobs short staffed I'll keep you all posted.

nealbie

CF Legend
I will be working 11 of the 13 days this competition is running, but that's not going to stop me. I think I share the sentiments of most if not all.

I do see what you mean, kinda, but I don't feel that there's anything wrong with the set up. Maybe we can have it altered next year. But at the moment I, personally, feel that the way it is is a perfect balance of restriction and freedom. You have to stick to something - meaning you can't just use old coasters years in the making (if you're lucky enough to have those) like Colossus said - but you're not so held back by silly restrictions that your creationism is ruined by fear of breaking rules.

Also, I intend to do something that, whilst medieval (I'm sure everyone will agree when I finish it), didn't happen in the real world. But that's fine right? It's clearly not set in the present or future by any means :p .

scw55

Hyper Poster
Theme parks are places where visitors are allowed to suspend their disbelief.

Take Forbidden Valley in Alton Towers as an example. Giant Space/Interdimentional Monster sitting in a pit of its own/other people's blood in a wasteland filled with rusted scrap metal with a random and out-of-place B&M Flier at the far end.

I think fantasy is welcomed in Theme parks because people come their to enjoy themselves and to forget about the existence of the outside world.

Colossus

Giga Poster
So what a round, we all had issues here and there with this and that, but forgetting that, I really do believe this round has produced 4 very different fantastic rides, all 4 are really quality, so well done to everyone.

Thanks also to you 3, this round has been by far the easiest to manage, everybody got over their issuses and got in within reasonable time, so I have had no worries this round, which is good considering all the rap I had with my construction ;)

So well done guys, you've all worked real hard and produced high quality work, everybody who made it this far, definitely deserves to be here.

Polls are now open and will fun until early Monday morning, so we can all reward ourselves this week with a nice rest from the game and discuss what would be good for a final.

Cheers again, Nick

BBH

Giga Poster
The finals should be this:

Both parties would receive a premade park map with a plot set aside for them to make their coaster. They are allowed to make two modifications in each of these following categories: landscaping, exact ride placement, and existing rides. Both sides will receive the needed links for the CS that will be needed to load the park. The stipulation is this:
a) The coaster must fit in the plot of land.
b) The coaster must interact with one of the existing coasters.
c) The coaster must have custom supports, DasMatze's Wooden Overhaul set included.
d) The coaster must be paired with one flat ride in the plot, whether a CFR or an In-Game Discus, etc.

The preceding was something I thought up while I was writing it, if any of you think I'm totally insane or that there could be some things added/subtracted to/from the idea, then post here. If you don't like it at all, then I won't be surprised. :lol: