What's new

2012 CF RCT 3 World Championship Hub

Colossus

Giga Poster
Welcome to the 2012 CF World Championship tournament.

This topic will tell you all you need to know about the competition, the competitors and the rules.
Also any discussion or questions about the tournament in general can be had here. (The other topic will be locked as its originally a planning topic.)

The Rules

- Each match up will be a straight 1 vs 1 event, with each match up having `s own topic.
- All results will be determined by public vote, with the winner advancing.
- Competitors will have 2 weeks to start, finish and present their creation.
- Voting rounds will take one week, this week will also be used to decide what to do for the next round.
- Match ups will be decided by seeding, this is explained more in-depth below.
- There will be one basic restriction per round
- CSO`s and CTR`s WILL be permitted, Custom Tracks are NOT permitted.
- All entries MUST be in on time to keep the whole tournament falling behind.

The Competitors

Each match-up will be determined by seeding, everybody will have their own unique number, this number will remain the same throughout the entire contest. Those of you familiar with the "American Sports Play Off" system will know how this is going to work, for those that don't,
Every round will be dictated by the numbers, so highest number will face lowest, second highest will face second lowest, third highest will face third lowest and the two mediums will face each other, so say if we only had 8 people it would be 1 v 8 - 2 v 7 - 3 v 6 - 4 v 5.
If anybody has any questions about this please PM me.

The competitors and their pre-determined seedings are as follows,

1 - Colossus
2 - Reddude333

3 - gopats1479
4 - deathfearsnone
5 - SoMuchWin
6 - nealbie
7 - BBH
8 - JammyBand
9 - TheKingin64
10 - CoasterCrazy
11 - Intricks

The Rounds

Round 1 - Terrain Challenge
(Seeds 1 to 5 gain bye to next round)
(6) nealbie DEF (11) Intricks
(10) CoasterCrazy DEF (7) BBH v
(9) Thekingin64 DEF (8) JammyBand

Work Time - 26th November - 9th December
Voting - 10th December - 16th December

Quarter- Finals - B&M vs Intamin
(1) Colossus DEF (10) CoasterCrazy
(2) reddude333 DEF (9) Thekingin64
(6) nealbie DEF (3) gopats1479
(4) deathfearsnone DEF (5) SoMuchWin

Work Time - 17th December - 30th December
Voting - 31st December - 6th January

Semi-Finals - TBD
(1) Colossus v (6) nealbie
(2) reddude333 v (4) deathfearsnone

Work Time - 14th January - 27th January
Voting - 27th January - 3rd February

Final - TBD
TBD - TBD

Work Time - TBD
Voting - TBD

Prizes

The tournament is being backed by one of the sites moderators, and they have kindly offered 2 prizes to the winner.
- A custom Forum Title (name above your avatar)
- A surprise mystery prize

So in conclusion this can can be the new place for general discussion and planning for future rounds, please keep any thoughts and entries in the corresponding topics, any questions please don`t hesitate to drop me a PM.
Lets make this the best tournament we can and most of all, lets enjoy ourselves. :)

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Can we add bragging rights to the prize list?

Also, I think the championship round should be a free-for-all. The two competitors can design whatever they please. That will give them more creative freedom to create a masterpiece.

Other round suggestions: no inversions, sit-downs, inverts/flyers, B&M, Intamin, Arrow.

Colossus

Giga Poster
^ Well yes bragging rights are a certainty ;) the winner will have the custom title, so they can brag all over the forum lol.

Yeah we will worry about the final when we get there, but it will be a bigger event then the rest.

Yeah other rounds I like,

B&M Invert Vs Flyer
B&M Sit down (Hypers - Wing - sit down)
Intamin
Arrow Vs S&S
Vekoma

Wood will be out of the question as I should imagine most will use wood for the terrain round.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Ive hit a massive lump on which track to chose >_<

Ugh...this is why I could never get anything done as far too many ideas pop in and out of my mind. Ive already made 2 tracks and a possible 3rd wanting to be made.

Too many decisions....

reddude333

Giga Poster
Colossus said:
The tournament is being backed by one of the sites moderators, and they have kindly offered 2 prizes to the winner.
- A custom Forum Title (name above your avatar)
- A surprise mystery prize
This just got a whole lot more interesting :-D

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I just noticed a huge problem fro me with the dates for the Quarter Finals if I get through. Essentially, during the time I would usually have on RCT3 in that time, I will be in London with no access to it.

In short, if I get to the quarter finals, I won't be able to compete.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Thekingin64 said:
I just noticed a huge problem fro me with the dates for the Quarter Finals if I get through. Essentially, during the time I would usually have on RCT3 in that time, I will be in London with no access to it.

In short, if I get to the quarter finals, I won't be able to compete.

That's a bummer, but I have an idea, that may help, what are your exact dates that you are in London?

BBH

Giga Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwxwUiDbRCk[/youtube]

:lol: Scheduling conflicts were always the end of me in previous things like this, hopefully something can get worked out. ;)

Colossus

Giga Poster
Thekingin64 said:
28-30th December.

It's only every other weekend I get onto RCT3 and that weekend is taken up by London.

Hmm, ok,well, if we could get a the theme set up quickly for the next round, something easy like B&M or Intamin, then you could use that extra time to get working or use a pre made ride?

Would that help?

What do people like as an idea for the quarters?

reddude333

Giga Poster
Either Intamin or B&M will probably lead to me using something from Projekt Asia...or maybe something completely different. Who knows? And what if King doesn't advance (not that we have any idea yet)?

Colossus

Giga Poster
Well this upcoming round will be the biggest, with 8 competitors, so I like the idea of something manageable for this round, something that will get all 8 in on time, so I like B&M or Intamin style round, but with a little restriction, perhaps something like,

B&M Inverts V B&M Flyers
Intamin Megalite V Intamin Accelorator
Intamin Hyper V B&M Hyper
Intamin Wing Coaster V B&M Wing Coaster

Something like that?

EDIT - As soon as JammyBand has submitted then all will be put to public vote, if he hasn't posted by midnight BST then I will put the other 2 to vote and his round when he`s in.

reddude333

Giga Poster
I suppose any of them work for me...how about each matchup gets one of the categories? If that's not too confusing, I would enjoy that.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Yeah that would be cool, I would be down for that, all 8 of us would be working on something different that way, and it could be chosen by seed,

So number 1 would pick his coaster first, his opponent would be forced to take the other

#2 picks his match-up and ride next, then #3. #4 would have no choice of match up, but would be able to pick which ride in the remaining match up he prefers.

Alternatively we could just have a universal match-up, but still have both ride types in play, so if the theme is Flyer v Invert, then the highest seed in each match up picks which one he likes and the other player has the other type.

I think both are nice fun ideas that keeps the construction simple
What does everybody think?