What's new

2009 Coasterpoll Results

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
Personally, I didn't find Prowler's position particularly surprising...I am kind of surprised El Toro is still beating T-express. I certainly agree with anyone else who doesn't think Diamondback is really a top-10 coaster, certainly not when Behemoth is nowhere to be found...no question in my mind which of those two is better. And I cannot believe Nemesis is beating Katun again...nonsense. I was kinda surprised Manta's not up there; guess other people didn't like it quite as well as I did. I certainly wouldn't put Goliath @ Walibi that high either.

I missed both ballots, which I'm kinda bummed about...

Nemesis Inferno said:
Lol, Intamins and B&Ms everywhere in the Steel section unsuprisingly...
What else were you expecting?

Mike said:
Oblivion is better than Nemesis.
Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking anything.

Snoo

The Legend
The only wood poll surprise in the top 50 was Cornball Express for me.. that coaster was superb.

Mike

Giga Poster
I find it worrying that people think Blackpool's Wild Mouse is the 3rd best woodie in Britain.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Well, it's not as if there's a huge choice...

Megaphobia, followed by Grand National, followed by pretty much any of the others in my opinion.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
SnooSnoo said:
The only wood poll surprise in the top 50 was Cornball Express for me.. that coaster was superb.
Same here, but at least El Toro came in at #20. I think it's much better than Raven & Knievel (& Thunderhead too actually), but at least it finished well ahead of Rumbler.

I more or less agree with this poll, but I don't think Rumbler, Raven, and Timbers really deserve to be in the top thirty. Also, Beast and Jack Rabbit made it sadly low, and there's not a chance that Le Monstre is better than Racer at Kennywood. Glad to see Evel made it so high though, same with Voyage, Buolder Dash, Ravine Flyer II, and Toro.. Not that those were exactly surprises :p .

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
jayjay said:
Mike said:
I find it worrying that people think Blackpool's Wild Mouse is the 3rd best woodie in Britain.

I know. Way better than Nash - Should be higher :p .

I agree with this.

Also, Megaphobia was dead and boring when I rode. Wild Mouse @ BPPB is my #1 woodie in the UK.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Also, Beast made it sadly low.

I was also surprised by that. It isn't one of my favorite coasters or anything, but with nearly every coaster enthusiast loving the ride at night, I'd think it would be higher.

Snoo

The Legend
I think the fact that it's a crappy ride doesn't overtake the amazing night experience.

Snoo

The Legend
Being different isn't a reason to like something. If that was the case, you'd have to beat the boys off with a stick. :p

Personally, the ride has gone down hill also.. less fun and more rough.

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ Well it wasn't like it was an amazing ride, but it was different, fun, and very quirky so.. I liked it!

That's what she said!!! :twisted:

*ahem* cool)

Just ignore me...I'll be in the pit of shame if you want to find me. :)

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
CreditCrazy said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Also, Beast made it sadly low.

I was also surprised by that. It isn't one of my favorite coasters or anything, but with nearly every coaster enthusiast loving the ride at night, I'd think it would be higher.

I rode it on DB's opening day with a bunch of loooong time KI fans, and they are all upset that it's been trimmed to death. That in and of itself is probably why it's falling down the polls. As more and more people get back and reride it with the trims, they all probably slide it down on their ballot.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Well... it's good to see both Gwazi's didn't come in dead last. :lol:

And I'm fairly suprised that Voyage got first.