What's new

“THE SW8 IS OVER!” Alton Towers, Sat 17 March

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Am I the only one that nervously checks the weather and AT's Social Media every now and then? :rolleyes:
Too excited about tomorrow (granted more because I get to see all you silly goons again)!

Will

Strata Poster
No - I'm probably checking the weather around once an hour - but I'm lame and do that when I'm going anywhere, even if it's up the road for a walk!!
Not checking the social media pages, as on the rare occasion that Merlin give useful/interesting information, it's quickly lost beneath endless banal prattle :)

Karen

Hyper Poster
Id rather it cold and snow showers than what we have in the midlands atm. Mild but major down pours where you get soaked to the skin!

YesI keep checking the weather too and thunderstorms.........

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh bugger hahaha!

“Unlikely” is the key word here. “Optimism” is my key mood right now.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Am currently weighing in to just come over regardless and see how it goes. Waiting for the Towers for any update tonight if it's worth coming up or not.
What are the chances they'll give out return tickets for those rocking up anyway, not having read the update?

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Just seen a post on Altons fb page. Pretty much everything is closed tomorrow

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
^ well you could read the update ;)
( they don't talk about return tix if you turn up ; but you can use booked tix anyday upto end June without rebooking )
Yeah, but you can't expect people to check their SM posts prior to visiting, so there will be people turning up not knowing what's going on. ;)

davidm

Strata Poster
Yeah, but you can't expect people to check their SM posts prior to visiting, so there will be people turning up not knowing what's going on. ;)
Ok then...
( I'm not having a go, I'm sure that AT are gutted they had to make those statements and I'm also sure lots of people will be there complaining in the morning, but we are wiser than that aren't we, we would always check the full info that the park puts out prior to making a trip, especially when there is nasty weather forecast )

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Anybody with an ounce of sense will check weather and the website/social media for updates before visiting. Unless you have a date specific ticket, I doubt they’d compensate anybody who just turns up and decides not to go in the park.

I’m at the park tonight and staying over. If the coasters are open, the Live goes on as normal. If the creds are closed, I’m not willing to use a ticket to mince about the gardens and CBBC Land, so it will be spited.

Keep an eye on AT’s social media and if I hear anything at the park tonight, I’ll post in here.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Yup, that's us out. No point spending a bunch of money on a maybe.

Anyone up for a trip in a few weekends? ;)

Will

Strata Poster
On the plus side, if you've pre-booked a ticket, it will be valid for a long, long time...
20188.jpg

I'm less than 30 miles from Alton now and the sun's shining. The temperature will drop but less than 1cm of snow forecast. I'm not going on Saturday either, but based on what I'm seeing, I won't be reorganising anything just for the weather. As Karen already mentioned, we've seen Blackpool running fine in worse.

Last edited: