Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Neither, I'm a fool

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

CF Legend
So if you had a choice, would you rather be given £1m or £1bn. (American's just change to your own currency, simple idea)

I'd personally have £1m, then I wouldn't have more money than sense, have an awareness it could easily slip away.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
A billion obviously. I wouldn't knock a million but there's more scope to be reckless and generous with a billion.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Anyone who refuse a billion for a million is just a fool. A million doesn't even go far after you've bought a decent house and car and a couple of good holidays its gone.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Dave said:
I'd personally have £1m, then I wouldn't have more money than sense

If you had 23 pence in loose change in your pocket Dave, you'd have more money than sense :p

£1Bn obviously. You need around £3.5 million to be able to retire and pay yourself a "salary" while living off interest without the money becoming worthless over time (essentially, you'd have the equivalent of £3.5 million at the end to retire on).

So yeah, although I wouldn't knock a million pounds, it actually wouldn't be a life changing amount. I'd still have to work and I'd still have to live quite frugally. I'd have more cash in hand which would be nice, but time is more important than money (time is something you can never get back) so I'd rather have the chance to stop working and dedicate time to the important things.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Dave said:
On reflection this is a **** question.
Well done for noticing, David. Even Taylor thinks it's stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.