What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

MurphNation

Mega Poster
Less than 24 hours from now, all will be revealed! This is the first coaster project in a long time where the details are all still kind of murky. Any final predictions on what will be built?
here's mine:
GCI Titan Track, 2-3 inversions, 110 ft. tall roughly, No launch, lots of airtime and quick transitions, themed to a safari
I’m going anywhere around 105-115 feet, 3 Inversions, One Launch, and here’s my bold prediction…. a tunnel, yes you heard me a tunnel. The Zambezi Zinger used to have a tunnel and I don’t think their gonna spend the money on an spiral lift hill and instead maybe a launch into a cool, smoky tunnel??? Who knows I’m very excited though!

Thrillseekrr

Roller Poster
Less than 24 hours from now, all will be revealed! This is the first coaster project in a long time where the details are all still kind of murky. Any final predictions on what will be built?
here's mine:
GCI Titan Track, 2-3 inversions, 110 ft. tall roughly, No launch, lots of airtime and quick transitions, themed to a safari
My very BOLD prediction is for it to be around 160 - 210 ft, I'm thinking longest in the park at 5,604 ft long, and fastest or second fastest in the park. Most likely not even close to to it will be, but that would be nice lol

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Dollywood has forever tainted the word BIG for when it comes to roller coaster announcements. From now on I will only consider any ride being built teased as big a family coaster
I just rewatched Clair Hain pitching the infinity flyer and he used the word corkscrew and loops in describing the capabilities that train and track have.

I guess here’s my bold prediction… interlocking loop like Orient Express had.

kc2dc

Roller Poster
I feel like you guys are setting me up for a big letdown haha. I'm from the Show Me State. I'll wait and see. KC has not really been a "leader" or innovator in much of anything for decades. Even the new airport terminal seems very meh to me compared to all the others that have opened around the country and world.

I hope Cedar Fair has chosen to take WoF to the next level, but it's hard to buy into all these grand predictions knowing the history of the park. Maybe Branson and Iowa etc have woken up Cedar Fair.

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
I feel like you guys are setting me up for a big letdown haha. I'm from the Show Me State. I'll wait and see. KC has not really been a "leader" or innovator in much of anything for decades. Even the new airport terminal seems very meh to me compared to all the others that have opened around the country and world.

I hope Cedar Fair has chosen to take WoF to the next level, but it's hard to buy into all these grand predictions knowing the history of the park. Maybe Branson and Iowa etc have woken up Cedar Fair.
That's exactly what it is I believe. Cedar fair has realized all the parks around them are not only A) Kicking WOF butt when it comes to new attractions, but also B) catering towards the family market and not the thrill market. Cedar fair realizes this and wants to make WOF stand out as a thrill heavy park in the area.

kc2dc

Roller Poster
That's exactly what it is I believe. Cedar fair has realized all the parks around them are not only A) Kicking WOF butt when it comes to new attractions, but also B) catering towards the family market and not the thrill market. Cedar fair realizes this and wants to make WOF stand out as a thrill heavy park in the area.

That makes sense, but it's always made sense, so why has it taken so long for Cedar Fair to figure this out? KC is the "big city" or one of the big cities along with Dallas, MSP etc for millions and millions of people in that part of the country. KC has a lot of major attractions that draw in tourists from all over, yet for some reason they have let WoF deteriorate and it has become more of a local park. It could easily become a major thrill ride park for a huge portion of the Midwest if they wanted it to.

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
That makes sense, but it's always made sense, so why has it taken so long for Cedar Fair to figure this out? KC is the "big city" or one of the big cities along with Dallas, MSP etc for millions and millions of people in that part of the country. KC has a lot of major attractions that draw in tourists from all over, yet for some reason they have let WoF deteriorate and it has become more of a local park. It could easily become a major thrill ride park for a huge portion of the Midwest if they wanted it to.
I think they are just now spurred on by the local competition. WOF has always had to deal with SDC so they didn't necessarily see their growth a huge threat. but now that Adventureland has grown and grown, Cedar Fair now knows they can no longer just sit idle.

kc2dc

Roller Poster
I think they are just now spurred on by the local competition. WOF has always had to deal with SDC so they didn't necessarily see their growth a huge threat. but now that Adventureland has grown and grown, Cedar Fair now knows they can no longer just sit idle.
True and not only would Adventureland start to hurt WoF's draw from Iowa (one of KC's biggest tourism draws), but possibly start pulling from other areas that WoF historically pulled from like Omaha, Northern Missouri etc.

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
True and not only would Adventureland start to hurt WoF's draw from Iowa (one of KC's biggest tourism draws), but possibly start pulling from other areas that WoF historically pulled from like Omaha, Northern Missouri etc.
BINGO!! Right on the money! Adventureland never drew crowds away from WOF until recently. Now it's time to get those crowds back here.

Matt N

CF Legend
To be honest, I’m not sure I see GCI doing anything too wild here… but that’s not a bad thing, in my view. Their whole ethos since 1996 has been about sticking to a traditional product and perfecting it rather than just doing wild stuff for the sake of it, and I think something that just… works well would be a rather valuable investment in itself.

I’d argue that GCI are almost like the B&M of wooden coaster design; while no GCI coaster is overly innovative, their rides have a tried and tested quality to them, are generally pretty reliable, are generally comfortable and are generally quite well received for their respective target markets. I’m not sure they’d want to do anything to sacrifice that track record. While Gravity Group are arguably the Intamin of wooden coaster design, chucking everything and the kitchen sink into designing wild and innovative layouts with somewhat mixed results, GCI have been more like B&M in sticking with a tried and true product that while not the most innovative or boundary pushing out there, is consistently reliable and a consistent crowd pleaser. I think if GCI attempted too much or went too wild with the Titan Track, it could risk jeopardising their track record.

If anything, I could see GCI’s Titan Track being a perfected RMC IBox Track, which solves some inherent flaw(s) of RMC’s product (even if flaws of RMC’s IBox coasters may admittedly be hard to find…). RMC’s trains often come into the firing line in reviews; could GCI’s Infinity Flyers be a more comfortable and accommodating alternative? RMC’s reliability record is not the greatest (e.g. Steel Vengeance’s bumping issues, Steel Vengeance’s wheel flying off, the entire saga of Lightning Rod, various RMC IBox coasters having structural issues); could GCI present the Titan Track as a more reliable alternative?

Last edited: