What's new

Parque Warner Madrid | Gotham City Escape | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

Trax

Hyper Poster
Honestly, it's hard to believe that they would go with the older trains, but I admit, that the LSM placement looks like that.
Maybe Intamin has done yet another update to the train design, to allow for centered LSMs, but that is of course a wild guess. Lets see, it is really fun to just guess what will happen next on this construction site.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Why are you so sure about that?
The new trains have the LSMs shifted significantly to the left, while the older trains have them in the middle.

Pantheon:
Source:
1658741872579.png

iSpeed
Source:

1658741772139.png

The new Gen trains have a "backbone" in the center, where everything else rests on and where the drivetires contact the train. Unless they add LSMs below it, it is highly unlikely to be the new train, I doubt that they'd redesign their trains that much.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
The new trains have the LSMs shifted significantly to the left, while the older trains have them in the middle.
Okay, I understand that. And it's clearly visible in the photo's you've posted.
But in the photo posted before of the PWM LSMs they aren't located in the middle either. They are also located slightly to the left.

Not sure if it was mentioned before (assume it was), but here's the launch track for the first launch. With the LSM stators centered on the track, it's likely that this will use the first generation LSM trains (Red Fire, Nefeskesen, Sandy's Bronco, etc.) as opposed to the new ones.
1658710878008.png

Trax

Hyper Poster
Might be slightly to the left, but to me it looks pretty much in the middle. In any case, this is a significant change from the current tain design. You would not be able to fit a new train on those tracks, without significant changes to the trains.

Jared

Hyper Poster
It’s certainly possible that Intamin could have tweaked their newer trains as part of this project. Could be a revised version of the trains.

The LSM positioning does so far point to the older version trains though, but it’s possible they’ve been modified too. Wouldn’t be too difficult to adapt the chassis to run with the new seats I’d wager.

UP87

Mega Poster
Maybe there's a reason to have the LSMs centered. They might be doing something like Fury and the coaster can go forwards or backwards. (neither hope nor really think this is the case)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Maybe there's a reason to have the LSMs centered. They might be doing something like Fury and the coaster can go forwards or backwards. (neither hope nor really think this is the case)
More like Sandy's Blasting Bronco, which like this, features centred LSMs and the old trains. It also features a turntable like this will, to get the trains from the swing brake run to the station.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Imagine having a modular design where you can adjust certain features based on project requirements.
Yes and no. The trains are usually a very well optimised piece of the coaster. Sure, you can make it kind of modular (like Intamin does with the seat height), but moving the very base of the train is quite a big deal. And I don’t think that any customer (especially not PR) would request the LSM modules to be in a specific place just to have them there. Some parks might care a lot about aesthetics (looking at you, Phantasialand), but even those wouldn’t demand a manufacturer to move around LSM modules.

I wouldn’t completely rule out that we might see a modified, updated version of the new trains, but as of now it appears that we might get the older train design - which is still a good train, but worse than the newer ones.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
As far as I know, this project has been in development and pushed back for quite some time. My guess is that when the project was signed (it can take years between a park contacting a manufacturer and a coaster getting built) Intamin was still offering the old trains with this LSM configuration. Updating the project would have cost them money and it wouldn't have had any impact on the ride experience/layout.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
As far as I know, this project has been in development and pushed back for quite some time. My guess is that when the project was signed (it can take years between a park contacting a manufacturer and a coaster getting built) Intamin was still offering the old trains with this LSM configuration. Updating the project would have cost them money and it wouldn't have had any impact on the ride experience/layout.
But this coaster does have the new trackdesign, like VelociCoaster, Toutatis and Pantheon

Benenen

Hyper Poster
But this coaster does have the new trackdesign, like VelociCoaster, Toutatis and Pantheon
The new gen Intamin track dates back to 2010 (first coasters were I305 and Formula Rossa) which is way before the Parque Warner coaster could have been planned.

Headbreakone

Roller Poster
The new gen Intamin track dates back to 2010 (first coasters were I305 and Formula Rossa) which is way before the Parque Warner coaster could have been planned.

But the track is not exactly the same. The part that joins the rails with the central spine went from a cone to a simple plate.

universal-orlando-velocicoaster-13062021in2.jpg

I think Hyperion was the first Intamin to have the new track, and VelociCoaster the first Blitz/LSM.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Actually, I305, Formula Rossa (and Skyrush) have a different type of track to the current new gen track on these launchers.

I think maybe @CrashCoaster has the right idea here if the coaster does indeed have a turntable.

JFranks

Mega Poster
I heard something about Intamin being offered a new type of train for this project, which was described to me as a wing train. Take this with a grain of salt as it was a vague rumor that was in the background and popped up to me as I saw the alignment of the LSMs. Immediately I thought of sky rush trains or Hyperion´s with new gen Intamin lap bars (And hopefully no wobbling and rattling the wing seats). But IDK if they would have the revised and updated track type, since the 2010 one is different than this one, and have older trains... It would be a step down from what Intamin has been offering lately and doesn't feel like something Intamin would do. I don't believe there is a whole price difference between old and new trains. Plus I have said it before on this topic, but don't really try to predict Parques Reunidos right now as they have nothing to do to 5-6 years ago PR. New investors are surprising us every day, the park is being well maintained, all bathrooms are being remade, new stuff is coming along with the ride and they are even planning to make a hotel.