What's new

Parc Astérix | Toutatis | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
I mean, do we even know the layout for it yet? For me it's hard to get excited without knowing that.
No we don't know the layout yet.
But I still can be excited from this "Connecting the dots" game and the discussion about the layout options.
And because they get the same kind of track in Madrid as in Parc Asterix, i expect the same kind of launch coaster

Ethan

Strata Poster
Oh, that's not good. Surely if it was a bad fit they would have really struggled to bolt the flanges together when the initially erected it?

Indy

Hyper Poster
Oh, that's not good. Surely if it was a bad fit they would have really struggled to bolt the flanges together when the initially erected it?
They probably did. I'm actually not entirely convinced they got it all together. It appears that the crew was still working on things in the photo on the previous page that shows the last piece of track being put in. Regardless, they clearly had concerns.

Niles

Giga Poster
u/dbruington on reddit got to go on a backstage tour, here are some of his pictures 😍:

gilkysskiy891.jpg

cqgqisskiy891.jpg
j338uyskiy891.jpg

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Parc Asterix has released some more information about Toutatis and the new themed area it will open in.
Projectleader Damien Thibault told in an interview the new area will be called "Le Festival de Toutatis" and it will not only contain the new launch coaster, but also a Zamperla Nebulaz ride. Other things to open in this new area will be a restaurant, a shop and a kiosk.

Source: https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/201...olgend-jaar-ingenieuze-nebulaz-attractie.html

Last edited:

andrus

Giga Poster
No we don't know the layout yet.
But I still can be excited from this "Connecting the dots" game and the discussion about the layout options.
And because they get the same kind of track in Madrid as in Parc Asterix, i expect the same kind of launch coaster

I'm with you. I think it's the secrecy that makes me excited. Plus I've always wanted to visit Parque Warner. It just looks like a really solid park. But without a standout coaster I have always choosen another destination for my trips. Superman looks good and Batman clones are always fun, but since I have ridden a ton of these it's not something I would book a trip around. I've been longing for Parque Warner to build something good, and with this new Intamin blitz I will visit for sure! Also, I think it's the same case with Parc Asterix: a solid park but without a star attraction. Until the construction of Oz'Iris. Then I imediately got excited and booked a trip to Paris and got the chance to visit a wondeful park and a stellar B&M invert!

Hopefully both Intamins at Parque Warner and Parc Asterix will be top tier and a good reason to travel to both parks 🤞