What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Ice Breaker | Premier Rides Custom Sky Rocket | 2022

Indy

Hyper Poster
Though this ride is being drastically overshadowed by VelociCoaster, Iron Gwazi, Guardians, and Tron, it truly looks like a fantastic addition. I can't wait to get on it next month.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
To be honest, Ice Breaker looks significantly better than my initial expectations! When the rumors started swirling, I was hoping for a Juvelen-style Intamin motorbike (though looking back, that would've been near impossible to fit in the footprint). Nowadays though, I'm glad about what actually ended up being built - SeaWorld and Premier rose to the challenge of fitting a coaster into such an unusual and constrained location, leading to a highly one-of-a-kind and interesting result.

From the POVs alone, Ice Breaker looks to have surprisingly fast pacing, is longer than I thought, and (on the rider-facing footage) some of those airtime moments seem very strong for a family coaster. I've heard nothing but praise about Ice Breaker from the passholder previews, specifically mentioning the back spike and step-up hills on both sides of the launch as highlights. Along with all that, it's especially awesome to me that a former CFer had a major hand in the project! Really looking forward to revisiting SeaWorld Orlando, but I'm holding off on returning until Project Penguin opens.

English Coaster Guy

Roller Poster
Was this genuinely supposed to be a family coaster? From the outset I always felt how the layout/profiling didn't look to be aimed at families, particularly with the airtime hills built into the launches. From the videos, it looks more intense than Icon! Fair play SeaWorld, fair play. Would absolutely love one of these in the UK, at Drayton Manor perhaps.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Was this genuinely supposed to be a family coaster? From the outset I always felt how the layout/profiling didn't look to be aimed at families, particularly with the airtime hills built into the launches. From the videos, it looks more intense than Icon! Fair play SeaWorld, fair play. Would absolutely love one of these in the UK, at Drayton Manor perhaps.

I don't think it was supposed to be a family coaster in the traditional sense that we think of a "family coaster." However, relatively speaking, it is a bit of a family coaster for the park in that it doesn't have inversions and the minimum rider height is 48" which is considerably shorter than the limit for Mako, Kraken, and Manta.

Matt N

CF Legend
I managed to ride this a few times last weekend and I really enjoyed it! It's a perfect fit for the park and features some great airtime moments. It's also extremely smooth and fun and is my 2nd favorite coaster at the park!
Which coaster is your favourite at SWO, out of interest?

And if you don't mind me asking, how does the airtime compare to Mako? I've heard some pretty brilliant things about IB's airtime, so I'd be interested to see whether it matches or even beats Mako in the airtime stakes... not that it has to by any stretch (it's a family thrill ride, after all, and I can imagine it fills that void of a middle-ground coaster at SeaWorld wonderfully), but I was just interested to know given some of the rather superlative comments I've been hearing about IB's air!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, though; it really looks excellent, and I hope I can experience it for myself before too long!

Indy

Hyper Poster
I was able to get a ride on it this afternoon and really, really enjoyed it. Between the bumps on each side of the launch, the beyond vertical spike, the top hat, and the low to the ground turns and airtime hills, it is such a unique coaster. The airtime is so strong and the pacing is fantastic. It is an excellent addition to the park.