What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Some very unexpected news as after 8 years one of the biggest indoor Vekoma Junior coasters out there has returned to operation. This is Shells Shuttle at Powerland in Qingdao, the park now called Haiyu Dreamland opened in September for the first time since 2013.

The ride originally opened in 2009 but following the closure in 2013 sat unusued and unloved for years. Do it's great to see the ride running again after all this time.

Below is a POV found on douyin
https://v.douyin.com/RL3MjS7/

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
First time seeing a POV of it <3 I always thought the photos on RCDB made it look rather massive
Same. Its one of the few ive always wanted to find. Looked up the park today on the off chance anything has changed or there was any news and was genuinly surprised to find it was open AND with a POV. For weirdos like me this has been a good good day 😂

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Okay, so new Zamperla is taking a second stab at the Volare, we should be expecting a flurry of enthusiast press flooding out of IAAPA about this on... Wednesday November 17.
Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 7.55.40 PM.png

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Standard Chinese COVID procedure. The CCP still intends to eradicate COVID and this set of policies were enacted at Shanghai Disney after a guest tested positive at home. They’re presently closed until further notice.

They’ve been fairly successful to be fair, But it does seem a little excessive.

(I added a little more detail to my post before seeing your reply)

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
^ Wow, if that genuinely was a single shot then it must have taken some serious practice and planning to get the timings of all those rides just right!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I feel like that's the first of these drone videos I've seen with actual people on rides too...would hate to think of the H&S assessments required prior to filming that!
[this feels like one of my most boring posts ever]

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I actually thought that myself. It's very un Cedar Fair like (but still requiring EVERYONE to be holding on at all times ♡)

MountedShooter

Mega Poster
Judging by the very small crowd and almost empty parking lot, I would say that was deliberately staged with "actors" on the rides when the park was closed.

Niles

Giga Poster
Along with the p'Sghetti Bowl coaster shown a while ago Skyline have released move concepts, looks like their thrill coasters will now have single row seats instead of the two across, it also looks like they have lost there bulky over the shoulder restraints seen on Tidal Twister and Harley Quinn and gone for a more minimal design, they say it will provide a smoother and more comfortable ride experience .
1635962159437.png
Their Skywarp II model can also have a different layout.
Skyline-Attractions-Skywarp-II-Ground-Perspective.jpg

Source: https://skylineattractions.com/products/thrill-rides/

Last edited:

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
I'm torn honestly. They have every reason to count - they're essentially powered coasters, but they just throw this vibe that they're actually just a flat ride trying to be a coaster.

So I say no; lately I just define a credit as

"if I think it's a coaster, then it is in my book".

And that way we can achieve world peace.

If you think Skywarps are coasters, I understand. If you think Matterhorns are coasters, I understand (think of them as mutant Arrow suspendeds). If you think Alpines aren't coasters, I understand. We all go at our own pace!