What's new

Brilliant in concept, disappointing in execution?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Coaster Hipster said:
Let's hope the now-renamed Jinma Rides have indeed considerably improved their manufacturing process in the 6 years since building this.

Not exactly a rename; Jin Ma literally translates to Golden Horse.

But yeah, that coaster is absolute garbage. It looked so good (and it was duelling), but how they could manage to build an effective tilt mechanism (slow, yes, but it was decent and did the job) yet managed to get the simple looper part so wrong is baffling.

It was physically painful to ride, to the point that I almost didn't do the second side, which turned out to be even worse.

Awful, awful thing. I hope their newer copy/paste model is better.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Mhhh Furious Baco, anyone?
I have not had the "pleasure" to ride it, but from what I hear, it rides absolutely terrible and makes you wish you never stepped into any rollercoaster.
The idea though sounds quite great - sitting next to the track, chasing with insane speed through a low to the ground layout... I really like the idea.

Another thing would be the trains of Hyperion. A 4 across train from Intamin to allow long layouts without the need to have extreme long trains to get a decent capacity sounds great. But in my opinion, the poor execution starts with the outer seats - why are they lower than the inner ones? Maybe it is just me, but that was a disappointment for me. And then, the ride.... The inner seats are fine, the outer seats of the front row are as well... but once you step into a outer seat at row 2 or further, you will experience what rattle is. It still amazes me how not even 1 metre of distance to the side can ruin a rides experience that much.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Another thing would be the trains of Hyperion. A 4 across train from Intamin to allow long layouts without the need to have extreme long trains to get a decent capacity sounds great. But in my opinion, the poor execution starts with the outer seats - why are they lower than the inner ones? Maybe it is just me, but that was a disappointment for me.
I completely agree with the sentiment, but aren't the trains on Hyperion essentially the "floored" version of the Skyrush/Flying Aces trains? Completely agree the staggered seating is crap through. I'm glad to see B&M's version seems to have been canned.

Regarding the rattle - I will admit I was expecting much worse based on what I'd read. It's not awful. The middle seats do give the best ride, though.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Mhhh Furious Baco, anyone?
I have not had the "pleasure" to ride it, but from what I hear, it rides absolutely terrible and makes you wish you never stepped into any rollercoaster.
The idea though sounds quite great - sitting next to the track, chasing with insane speed through a low to the ground layout... I really like the idea.

Another thing would be the trains of Hyperion. A 4 across train from Intamin to allow long layouts without the need to have extreme long trains to get a decent capacity sounds great. But in my opinion, the poor execution starts with the outer seats - why are they lower than the inner ones? Maybe it is just me, but that was a disappointment for me. And then, the ride.... The inner seats are fine, the outer seats of the front row are as well... but once you step into a outer seat at row 2 or further, you will experience what rattle is. It still amazes me how not even 1 metre of distance to the side can ruin a rides experience that much.
Baco - Nailed it, horrendous ride in the back row.

Hyperion's is nowhere near as bad, the rattle/shuffle is annoying and off putting but not awful at all, doesn't stop me re-riding it. I thought it was just 1 bad train, the other one that was running didn't have the same issue. Has anyone ridden it recently on 2 train ops?

@Hixee's comment about the trains is right and Skyrush doesn't (or at least didn't) have the same rattle/shuffle.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Has anyone ridden it recently on 2 train ops?

I did. One train was worse than the other one, but the outer seats were way worse than the inner ones on both. Still, the outer seat of the last row was bearable, even though I wouldn't want to ERT the coaster on that seat. The other train was a decent amount worse, allthough not completely unridedable. But that train was headache inducing, and I was happy to have a painkiller with me on that day.