What's new

Closed Season Park's Nov-Feb

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
The Closed Season in the UK is fast approaching and with Covid seemingly at bay for now it now makes one start to think about a couple of trips away throughout Nov - Feb.
Now the question is where?
Phantasialand, Europa, Efteling, Toverland, Port Aventura & Plopsa De Panne all spring to mind but do you know anymore parks/big fairs open during this time period? Not too bothered on where as long as it's the EU!
If so drop them below, greatly appreciated! :)

Peet

Giga Poster
Good topic actually.

Disneyland Paris is open all year.

I've been looking at doing Jardin D'acclimatation in Feb, their website sort of suggests they're open all year but nothing clear so I emailed them a few days ago to try to confirm.

Parc Asterix are doing a Christmas thing but looks like they close after the first weekend in Jan, sadly for me.

Last edited:

Christian

Hyper Poster
All 3 big Swedish parks (Liseberg, Gröna Lund, Kolmården) will be open for both Halloween and Christmas. I am not sure Wildfire at Kolmården will be open during the winter but the park is open. Tivoli and Bakken will also be open. Both parks are incredible for Christmas highly recommend it.

Energylandia will also be open for Halloween and Christmas (first time!).

Tomatron

Giga Poster
All 3 big Swedish parks (Liseberg, Gröna Lund, Kolmården) will be open for both Halloween and Christmas. I am not sure Wildfire at Kolmården will be open during the winter but the park is open. Tivoli and Bakken will also be open. Both parks are incredible for Christmas highly recommend it.

Ooosh! Energylandia in December is very tempting!

Will

Strata Poster
^
I was thinking exactly the same - seem to be able to get into Poland with minimal faff at present... :)

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I seem to remember when Energylandia first mentioned their winter event it was said to have a reduced ride line up? Current advertising suggests that Aqualantis and Dragon Zone will be open though at least: https://energylandia.pl/wydarzenia/winter-kingdom/

Between that and the probable weather though, might be worth waiting and seeing how it operates before seeing Energylandia as a nailed on opportunity for winter creds.

Will

Strata Poster
This is a very good point - I don't mind wrapping up warm (especially if I can drop a few pounds and fit in my favourite coat!) but the potential for closed rides, especially as I believe Intamin can be quite temperature sensitive is more of a concern.

At the risk of going off topic, I think I may impulse book a sooner trip - it's a shame they don't have a full-on Halloween event.

Nick13

Mega Poster

I’ve just booked Copenhagen for a weekend in December! Do you know if they open all the coasters for the Christmas event?

Christian

Hyper Poster
I’ve just booked Copenhagen for a weekend in December! Do you know if they open all the coasters for the Christmas event?

Tivoli has opened all coasters at previous Christmas events. At Bakken Rutschebanen and the wild mouse should be open. I am unsure about the other coasters.

Last edited:

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
It's about to be December & looks like restrictions are slowly tightining in UK & Abroad but anyhow thanks for the help!

In November I managed:
*3 day's at Phantasialand just before the Winter event but at least I got to ride FLY, what a interesting piece of hardware!
*A winter weekend at BPB, 1 train on most which was a bit painful but alas
*A couple of day's in Copenhagen doing Tivoli Gardens & Bakken, Tivoli my god what a gorgeous park especially at night as for Bakken nice park just who tf decided to get Kumbak to modify the woodie. MY GOD.

As for December got Phantasia, Portaventura & Plopsa pencilled in aslong as restrictions dont get too tight :rolleyes: