What's new

Your UK top 10, 2021

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
So as many of us Brit members are confined to the UK this summer/year - I was thinking - what are everyone's current UK top 10?

1, Nemesis
2, Swarm
3, Wicker man
4, Galactica
5, Stealth
6, Millennium (new for me 2021)
7 Storm Chaser (new for me 2021)
8 Astro storm
9, Dragons Fury
10, Nemesis Inferno

I am yet to do Icon which might slip in there - but as it stands this is the current situ.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
1. Nemesis
2. The Swarm
3. Saw The Ride
4. The Smiler
5. Wickerman
6. Stealth
7. Nemesis Inferno
8. Icon
9. Oblivion
10. The Big One

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Think there's probably a thread about this somewhere (maybe in the polls section) and I'm not giving up on getting out of the UK just yet but here's mine:

1. Nemesis
2. Icon
3. Swarm
4. Stealth
5. Rita
6. Nemesis Inferno
7. Wicker Man
8. Megafobia
9. Saw
10. Vampire

Or something like that - it's all pretty interchangeable after the top 4! :D

James F

Hyper Poster
1: Icon
2: Stealth
3: Nemesis
4: The Smiler
5: Speed - No Limits
6: The Swarm
7: Nemesis Inferno
8: Kumali
9: Wicker Man
10:Megafobia

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
My current UK top 10 is as follows (I’ll also include its overall position within my count of 74 coasters in brackets at the side):
  1. Icon (#2)
  2. Wicker Man (#3)
  3. The Swarm (#4)
  4. Oblivion (#6)
  5. Nemesis Inferno (#9)
  6. Nemesis (#13)
  7. Galactica (#16)
  8. Rita (#18)
  9. Stealth (#19)
  10. Megafobia (#22)

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Think there's probably a thread about this somewhere (maybe in the polls section) and I'm not giving up on getting out of the UK just yet but here's mine:

Yeah I did use the search function first, and it didn't come up with anything lol - but there prob is!

My top 3 in this list seem very interchangeable and all of them have made appearances as my UK number 1 at one point or another. Night rides on Icon this week just gone though have firmly cemented it as my UK number 1. It was so good that I could crack out the blasphemy and say that I enjoyed those rides more than the majority I've had on Taron.

1. Icon
2. Oblivion
3. Stealth
4. Nemesis
5. Saw
6. Wicker Man
7. Rage
8. Nemesis Inferno
9. Rita
10. Big Dipper

I know what you're thinking... No Swarm? No Smiler?

"No joy" I think is the appropriate answer. Both rides on my most recent visits have been both boring and painful. Maybe my increasing cred count and love for Fenix/better Gersts is to blame, but it's difficult to compliment coasters that left me feeling so cold.

The restraints on the Swarm seem to just have gotten progressively worse with each visit and the last rides had drawn no positive emotion from me whatsoever, even though they were at night. That's something a ride can usually 'force' me to feel, but sadly those damn vest restraints just didn't allow for that.

The Smiler is a coaster I initially loved and the horrible rides others described having seemed to be something of a myth. Alas, they do exist. Maybe it's that as I get older my body doesn't enjoy lots of back-to-back inversions in close proximity, but I also found it rougher in general. This repetitive, headache-inducing, ear-bashing experience is not one i'm in a rush to put myself through again.

I hope both coasters do find a way to reignite the feelings I once had for them. For now though, they're not on the list and those in the top 10 have their place firmly justified.

Last edited:

thepoweroften

Roller Poster
1. Flying Fish (Thorpe Park)
2. Flying Fish (Thorpe Park)
3. Flying Fish (Thorpe Park)
4. Flying Fish (Thorpe Park)
5. Flying Fish (Thorpe Park)
6. Flying Fish (Thorpe Park)
7. Flying Fish (Thorpe Park)
8. Flying Fish (Thorpe Park)
9. Flying Fish (Thorpe Park)
10. Steeplechase (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)

Matt N

CF Legend
My current UK top 10 is as follows (I’ll also include its overall position within my count of 74 coasters in brackets at the side):
  1. Icon (#2)
  2. Wicker Man (#3)
  3. The Swarm (#4)
  4. Oblivion (#6)
  5. Nemesis Inferno (#9)
  6. Nemesis (#13)
  7. Galactica (#16)
  8. Rita (#18)
  9. Stealth (#19)
  10. Megafobia (#22)
Minor update following my first visit to Paultons recently:
  1. Icon - Blackpool Pleasure Beach (#2/79 overall)
  2. Wicker Man - Alton Towers (#3/79 overall)
  3. The Swarm - Thorpe Park (#4/79 overall)
  4. Oblivion - Alton Towers (#6/79 overall)
  5. Nemesis Inferno - Thorpe Park (#9/79 overall)
  6. Nemesis - Alton Towers (#13/79 overall)
  7. Galactica - Alton Towers (#16/79 overall)
  8. Rita - Alton Towers (#18/79 overall)
  9. Stealth - Thorpe Park (#19/79 overall)
  10. Storm Chaser - Paultons Park (#20/79 overall)
In spite of not usually being a huge lover of all things spinny, Storm Chaser had a very tolerable level of spinning and was blissfully smooth, yet also well-paced and surprisingly vigorous in places! A very fun ride that I’d definitely recommend going to Paultons and checking out!

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ah, the good old UK. Land of coaster mediocrity. Where big rides are scarce, and good big ones are even scarcer.

Fun fact! The most recent new thrill coaster with a 1.4 height restriction in the UK was built 8 YEARS AGO in 2013!
(Sub question: does a 1.4 height restriction necessarily equal a better, more thrilling ride?)

I digress.

After spending this year clutching at thrill-seeking straws, visiting only UK parks, here's my recent top 10 genuinely outstanding UK coasters:

1. Icon
2. Stealth
3. SAW: The Ride
4. Oblivion
5. Rage

...oh woops that's only 5.

Last edited:

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
@Serena - each to their own and all, but seriously what is that list? 🤣

I guess it's unusual to not have Nemesis in, right? I've realised that the majority of my love for that coaster is based solely on nostalgia, sadly. It's not what it once was.

Is there a reason Saw and Rage make the list but not Speed?

I loathe EuroFighters so I'm not really in a position to compare them since they're all one-and-done in my case.

Speed is also good! Great airtime hill. But it loses 5 million points for being located in Oakwood.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I guess it's unusual to not have Nemesis in, right? I've realised that the majority of my love for that coaster is based solely on nostalgia, sadly. It's not what it once was.
It's partly that - the lack of Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Swarm and Ultimate (it's not like your UK top ten is full, after all) is surprising.

It's also that you rank Stealth as your second favourite UK coaster and Saw as your third favourite UK coaster, and they're seventh and ninth favourite overall, but Icon doesn't appear in your overall rankings at all. Different ranking criteria? Out of date overall top 10? Something else?

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It's partly that - the lack of Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, Swarm and Ultimate (it's not like your UK top ten is full, after all) is surprising.

It's also that you rank Stealth as your second favourite UK coaster and Saw as your third favourite UK coaster, and they're seventh and ninth favourite overall, but Icon doesn't appear in your overall rankings at all. Different ranking criteria? Out of date overall top 10? Something else?
It's Serena, don't question it, I've given up ;)