What's new

Fårup Sommerland | Fønix | Vekoma | 2022

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
This looks really great! Good to see a Danish park building a coaster in the "Extreme" segment, which hasn't happened since 2008 if I recall correctly.

Kinda strange to make the announcement at six in the morning on a regular weekday, though.

STMOE

Roller Poster
This looks really great! Good to see a Danish park building a coaster in the "Extreme" segment, which hasn't happened since 2008 if I recall correctly.

Kinda strange to make the announcement at six in the morning on a regular weekday, though.
In continuation of the latter, i would agree that the social media marketing campaign have been a bit odd. Normally parks tease with a logo, name, and slowly reveal details.
Especially since its the biggest investment of the parks history (close to 100m'dkk)

STMOE

Roller Poster
Looks pretty awesome! Especially the pacing looks on point. But I would've loved to see some more sustained airtime, all the hills on this seem pretty abrupt and "small".
That was my only minor concern regarding the layout, but I think it will match with the overall experience, where more floaty airtime is something for other models.

davidm

Strata Poster
"stall loop" - ok that has my attention. :)

Looks very good (depiste the horrible camera effect they use on the POV - thankfully most of the ride is "normal" apart form the lift hill (and then they spoil it again at the end) ;)

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Well, that's Denmark making its way rapidly up the bucket list for the next couple of years. I've been wanting to go back for a while, and this definitely justifies a visit. That layout looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Is a wildcat model a model from Vekoma I have not heard of? I am so excited to see this though, easily comparable to the Bermuda Blitz which will be fantastic!!
It is. It's been around a little while but its not one they've officially shown off publicly. One popped up for the proposed Bosnian Park a few years back but that never happened. (there's a video earlier in this thread)

They have a lot of models like this and the Renegade that has just shown up in China that they don't show off outside of negotiations.

TobiasHH

Roller Poster
A quick construction update with pictures provided by CoasterClub Denmark on facebook.

News: A towercrane has arrived on site, footers are being placed in at a great pace and even more anchor bolts are being shipped to the site.

My guess is with the current pace that they're ready to go vertical at about mid septemper

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

davidm

Strata Poster
Interesting on that ECC thing (which was REALLY interesting), it was mentioned that this was the Farup coaster all along (so not a model, nor something proposed specifically for the other park) but was shown to that other park as a "this is the sort of thing we have in our portfolio", but then "leaked" (grumblings about someone not respecting NDAs) :)

Last edited:

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
Some interesting red track at Vekoma. Note the notes that are attached to the track. I have no clue for which park this is, so I post it in this thread. My lens was barely long enough to capture this. It was stored all the way at the back.
So, this was different phoenix? :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Anyone that got a construction update or will go to the park soon?
Funnily enough:-
image0.jpg

One piece of coaster track has arrived on site.

(Image courtesy of someone from Coaster Bot Discord.)