What's new

CoasterForce COVID-19 Vaccination Poll

What is your COVID-19 vaccination status?

• Partially vaccinated (Pfizer)

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Fully vaccinated (Pfizer)

Votes: 39 37.9%
  • Partially vaccinated (AstraZeneca)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Fully vaccinated (AstraZeneca)

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Partially vaccinated (Moderna)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Fully vaccinated (Moderna)

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Fully vaccinated (Johnson & Johnson)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Partially vaccinated (Other)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fully vaccinated (Other)

• Havenā€™t had the vaccine yet, but intend to when called up

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Unsure whether to get the vaccine

• Definitely not getting the vaccine

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Same as most here, I had AZ and suffered no side effects whatsoever from the second dose which I had early May. I barely even felt the needle going in! šŸ˜†

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm fully dosed with AstraZeneca at this point.

The first round was followed by some minor aches in my arm for a couple of days. The second dose was a little more annoying, as in addition to the returning ache in the arm, I had a load of other muscle aches and tension to contend with for around 18-24 hours. All in all, the reaction was fairly minor, and I suppose the fact that my body had some sort of reaction to the jab at least suggests that I've got working antibodies that can be relied upon if I get exposed to the real thing.

Projektion

Mega Poster
Haven't had mine yet.
They're working down the age ranges at the moment in my region of Spain. At the pace they're going, bookings for my age range look like they could open up the week after next.
Most likely going to be receiving Moderna or Pfizer since J&J and AZ haven't been allowed for my range.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
As a helpful note for those waiting for their second vaccination in the UK, I was just able to re-book my second jab for a date 4 weeks earlier than it was originally scheduled, so itā€™s worth going to the ā€˜manage my appointmentsā€™ part of the NHS vaccination website to check whether you can do likewise.

If you have already had your first jab, then I donā€™t think you should worry about them pushing back the second if you cancel your existing appointment as (whilst this is pure speculation on my part) I think they are ensuring that everyone gets their second jab within 12 weeks of the first. When I booked my second jab at first instance, it was 12 weeks after my first jab to the day. So the wait between the two has gone down to 8 weeks.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Got my first shot of Moderna today!

On the topic of other vaccines, are we (Slovenia) the only country that still uses AstraZeneca for all ages? It goes without telling that seeing what other countries have done with it, nobody really wants to get it here either and you can just walk in a vaccination center for your shot.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Iā€™m now double-jabbed with the crappy AZ vaccine, but guess itā€™s better than nothing. No side effects.

What I am sick to death of is people posting their vaccination card on Facebook and making ā€œjokesā€ about microchips, 5G etc.. Itā€™s almost as basic as when people post their annual Spotify round-up.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Fully vaxxed for a few weeks now, with AZ. I'm fairly sure I had Covid in November 2019, before we were aware of such a thing (so I just lay in bed moaning about how I'd never felt so ill) as my first shot brought back the same feelings. Luckily cleared up after 2 days and the second jab was a breeze.

Christian

Hyper Poster
I am 18 and have not had any vaccine yet. Sweden has been incredibly slow, my region (SkƄne) has been one of the slowest in Sweden and my city (Malmƶ) is the slowest in the region. Right now they have started calling in 35 year olds but there are so few times in my city that my dad who is 52 has not yet been able to get his first shoot. He is scheduled in 2 weeks. I am not expecting to be fully vaccinated until October or November. Maybe by then the vaccine does not work anymore? Who knows?

Last edited:

spicy

Giga Poster
Fully Vaccinated with AZ. After the first shot felt awful terrible hot and cold sweats & headache. Felt very similar to having Covid but only lasts for 24hrs.

After that experience was dreading the Second jab but didnā€™t have any side effects at all.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I was mainly referring to the fact that your post seemed to focus on personal protection as opposed to wider protection of the population, so I thought it might be worth raising. As I said, if wasnā€™t aimed at anyone in particular; I just thought it would be worth saying about so people are informed.

But I seem to have misinterpreted you, so I do apologise for that!

Try calling your GP if youā€™re struggling. They should be able to squeeze you in for a jab youā€™re eligible for.

I take it youā€™re under 18 like me, therefore not eligible for AZ?
I did in fact call my GP which got me as close to the booking portal and that was it. Iā€™m now partially vaccinated I did it once the vaccine call up happened. Had a sore arm for the day and fully fine. Jesus Matt Iā€™m taking the compliment but im not 18.

Snoo

The Legend
Vaccinated since late April. Moderna. Having had COVID-19 in October of 2020, I'm good on never having it again.

Gazza

Giga Poster
I haven't even been called up for a shot yet (Under 40 so we are the last stage of the rollout)

To be honest, I'm a bit miffed with the situation here in Australia now it's mid 2021.

Last year Australia (And New Zealand) took the decision to lock down very early. Internal borders between states were closed to limit the movement of people.
Mandatory 14 days hotel quarantine for people entering from overseas from the first weeks of the pandemic. Lockdown meant lockdown, there were very few loopholes and the streets were genuinely deserted.

Like anywhere, there was a bit of opposition to restrictions etc, but on the whole people wore their masks and basically sucked it up and did what needed to be done.
And aside from the secondary outbreak in Victoria where 820 people died, things were back to normal by may-ish and deaths counts were in single digits in most states, so the strategy obviously worked and life was able to carry on fairly normally.

So yeah, we did this because it was better than the alternative, and everyone had it in the back of their minds that the vaccines would eventually come and we would have gotten through unscathed.

But the issue is, because we actually behaved ourselves and stopped it running rampant, we're now not a high priority for vaccine shipments compared to countries that said yolo, bitched about the simplest measures, acted too late, and subsequently let it run wild.

So now it looks like it wont be till late this year till I even get my first dose, and we are going to have to have snap lockdowns of a week or so at a time if there are leaks from the hotel quarantine system (already 2 so far this year in Qld) since that's still our main defence without more vaccines available here.

Last edited:

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
I haven't even been called up for a shot yet (Under 40 so we are the last stage of the rollout)

To be honest, I'm a bit miffed with the situation here in Australia now it's mid 2021.

Last year Australia (And New Zealand) took the decision to lock down very early. Internal borders between states were closed to limit the movement of people.
Mandatory 14 days hotel quarantine for people entering from overseas from the first weeks of the pandemic. Lockdown meant lockdown, there were very few loopholes and the streets were genuinely deserted.

Like anywhere, there was a bit of opposition to restrictions etc, but on the whole people wore their masks and basically sucked it up and did what needed to be done.
And aside from the secondary outbreak in Victoria where 820 people died, things were back to normal by may-ish and deaths counts were in single digits in most states, so the strategy obviously worked and life was able to carry on fairly normally.

So yeah, we did this because it was better than the alternative, and everyone had it in the back of their minds that the vaccines would eventually come and we would have gotten through unscathed.

But the issue is, because we actually behaved ourselves and stopped it running rampant, we're now not a high priority for vaccine shipments compared to countries that said yolo, bitched about the simplest measures, acted too late, and subsequently let it run wild.

So now it looks like it wont be till late this year till I even get my first dose, and we are going to have to have snap lockdowns of a week or so at a time if there are leaks from the hotel quarantine system (already 2 so far this year in Qld) since that's still our main defence without more vaccines available here.
The USA handling it the worst and then recovering the fastest is the most USA thing ever šŸ˜†

Guess I could've updated this about a month ago, but I'm fully vaccinated with Moderna. Man, when the vaccines started rolling out at the beginning of the year, I had joked about how fun it would be to snuggle up and watch movies as we both struggled with side effects, and did we ever get what we wished for. We were absolutely eating our words; we were chilled, smoking hot (and not in the good way), and extremely sore from head to toe. Thankfully it was only for about 24 hours, and then the rest of it was just arm pain which was severe but more tolerable than the other crap,