What's new

Dollywood | Big Bear Mountain | Vekoma Family Launched Coaster | 2023

jay37415

Mega Poster
Sorry guys, but I was already on my way to Tennessee yesterday when I got the email saying the announcement has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Had to turn around and head back home - nearly nine hours of driving for nada. :mad:

Have you any word on when it will be rescheduled?

Niles

Giga Poster
Dollywood announced yesterday that “Dollywood will add a new 302-room hotel called HeartSong Lodge & Resort as part of a $500 million-plus expansion over the next 10 years” That is a hefty investment, great to see the park expand more.
dw-heartsong-front.jpg
Press conference:

Dollywood website:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Heck, this expansion is even greater than the one for the last decade, so this should be epic! The future is very much bright for the park! For the 2023 addition, I'm not sure it's a dark ride since how do you make one of those record-breaking? I'm guessing it's a coaster, possibly the hyper.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Everybody watch the last 3 minutes of the video - the new park president says that they have a new RECORD - BREAKING attraction opening in 2023
That's just marketing speak. I'm pretty sure every thrill attraction ever has been marketed as being the first or most-est of its type, within some geographical area which may not even include other parks. Even a Big Apple can be marketed as "tallest and fastest coaster along the M109 between Hamcester and Strawbury!" and technically be correct.

Matt N

CF Legend
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the 2023 attraction is a B&M hyper. “Hyper coaster” was listed as an option in that survey from a while back, alongside numerous pictures of B&M hypers, and it’s even been said that Pete Owens himself loves rides like Fury 325 and Mako and wants a similar ride at Dollywood! As much as a B&M hyper might not seem inherently “record-breaking”, they could quite easily just claim the records to be “tallest, fastest and longest coaster in Tennessee” or whatever.

I would suggest that this could be the record-breaking Gerstlauer announced a few weeks back, but that’s due to open in May 2022, whereas this is set for 2023.

I’ll certainly be interested to see what’s on the horizon for Dollywood… aren’t they rumoured to be building an interactive Sally dark ride in 2022, prior to the arrival of this record-breaking attraction?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Lol cut him some slack. That post was two years ago.
Eh fair. It doesn't feel that long ago that it took place since Covid seems to alter the perception of time. But I would expect 95% of everyone are aware of that survey to an extent.