What's new

Are the seats on Colossus particularly small?

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
I was forced to do The Walk of Shame yesterday :(

Okay, I could do with losing several pounds, but the thing is that I've been exactly the same size and weight for several years. In that time I must have ridden 200+ coasters and the only one I couldn't fit into was a tiny kiddie cred. But when the ride op forced the restraint down on Colossus I realised I was going to have trouble breathing normally.

Any other fat bastards have a particular problem with this ride?

GregBoxall

Roller Poster
I have a height related issue with those trains. Due to the lack of leg space I usually struggle to bring the restraints down as they hit my thighs before they lock. Seems to be a common thing with the older Intamin trains as I experienced the same thing on EGF and Goliath.

rob666

Hyper Poster
I was forced to do The Walk of Shame yesterday :(

Okay, I could do with losing several pounds, but the thing is that I've been exactly the same size and weight for several years. In that time I must have ridden 200+ coasters and the only one I couldn't fit into was a tiny kiddie cred. But when the ride op forced the restraint down on Colossus I realised I was going to have trouble breathing normally.

Any other fat bastards have a particular problem with this ride?
Haha, just posted on another site that all the coasters at the Towers are fine for a six foot three lard arse, the only ride I struggle with is Colossus!
I did manage, but only by being pinned.
Broad shoulders and tall is the issue, not a massive gut...no need to avoid the Fabulous Fast Foods Mr Flavours.
You know they shrink the seats on purpose by a couple of millimetres a year don't you.

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
Seems to be a common thing with the older Intamin trains as I experienced the same thing on EGF and Goliath.
Not been on EGF but I did manage to fit into Goliath fine.
Broad shoulders and tall is the issue, not a massive gut
Yeah, definitely not my belly that was the problem, just chest size.
no need to avoid the Fabulous Fast Foods Mr Flavours
Thank feck for that. If anybody needs me, I'll be down the KFC.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Yes mate there's nothing quite like the Colossus restraints. Absurdly bulky restraints and small trains.

I've not attempted it in a while but IIRC the front car seats are impossible because of the big metal bit in the middle. There's a bit more wiggle room in the back car seats as you can cross your legs to allow a bit more space for the restraint.

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ll admit Colossus’ trains are not the most accommodating; I could only just fit my knees behind the row in front, and I’m only a bit over 5’9”, so I’m not especially tall by any stretch. I can imagine it being uncomfortable or hard to get into if you’re above 6ft, for sure; my dad’s 6’6” and couldn’t even fit into the train.

Peet

Giga Poster
Yes they are notorious, I've seen many a walk of shame on Colossus, some of them from people who you wouldn't have expected to have an issue, looking at them.

Even as a pretty skinny bloke I find it difficult to get in and out due to the horrible bulky restraints

Nick13

Mega Poster
Colossus restraints are the worst! When it first opened, it actually had much smaller, less bulky restraints. So much less that some idiots were able to stick their legs out of the cars mid-ride... They then added big metal plates onto the sides of the trains to stop this but they were a trip hazard, and eventually ended up with the current bulky restraints that pin your feet firmly down to the floor.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
They’ve change the restraints slightly this season too, my partner who has always managed to fit on Colossus and had to do the walk of shame last week, despite him slightly loosing weight since last season. He’s 6ft6 so it’s always been a squeeze but this year is even more unforgiving!

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
I am a slim guy who is 5'7 and i struggle getting on Colossus. It always clamps my thighs. Honestly those seats are not designed for human beings, what were Intamin thinking?