What's new

Rumours That Hansa Park Might Be Sold

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Concerning rumours are circulating that Hansa Park are in discussions with international park groups about a possible sale. The owning family are neither confirming or denying it.

Will the German amusement park Hansa-Park soon be taken over by a foreign park group? The family park in Northern Germany, opened in 1977, is still in family hands today. There is talk of a possible sale in the corridors. Current management does not address that story in substance.

Several parties are in talks about a takeover of Hansa-Park, Looopings learned. Today the park is still run by Christoph Andreas Leicht and his wife Claudia Leicht. The latter does not want to confirm or deny the news.

She informs Looopings that she has also heard the story. She prefers not to give a substantive response. “In the thirty years that we have run our family business, there have always been individuals who claim to have caught something without disclosing the names of their sources,” said Leicht.

"In order not to encourage such activities, we will not comment further." There is no clear denial. Initiates report to Looopings that the owners are indeed meeting with international park groups. It is not clear when a possible sale should take place.

The first Lego amusement park in Germany opened in 1973 on the site of Hansa-Park: Legoland Sierksdorf. In 1977 the destination was transformed into Hansaland. The name Hansa-Park dates from 1987.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Taking a look at discussions (via google translate) over on haha-forum - the official/unoffical Hansa fan group and forum, it seems people are pretty unanimous that this is a rumour from a unreliable/trouble making source and this rumour seems to raise it's head almost every couple of years. I imagine with the impact of Covid these rumours might be seen to have more truth in them. The fan site seems to work pretty closely/ be int he pocket of the park and members include those who work there - so if there was much truth - I'd image that's where it would appear first!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Hopefully so but the park could easy quell this by denying it. That they didn't is what makes this time worrying. Fingers crossed its nothing then.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Weirdly - the fan forums had basically poo-poo'd the rumours - and basically said 'end of discussion'.
So I posted the looopings article.... as no one else had or referred to it - and my post got deleted...... so seems a bit strange to shut down discussion like that..... unless the moderators have been told to silence stuff?..... otherwise it's a bit stubborn and reactionary!

otherwise why quash discussion on a topic fans would evidently want to talk about?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I absolutely hope this is not true, but in the instance it is would Compagnie des Alpes be a bad choice of a buyer? Ngl I'd rather take them over Parques Reunidos and probably Merlin if we're talking well-known European-based park operators. It would be their first German park in the chain, and many of their parks seem relatively well regarded these days.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Weirdly - the fan forums had basically poo-poo'd the rumours - and basically said 'end of discussion'.
So I posted the looopings article.... as no one else had or referred to it - and my post got deleted...... so seems a bit strange to shut down discussion like that..... unless the moderators have been told to silence stuff?..... otherwise it's a bit stubborn and reactionary!

otherwise why quash discussion on a topic fans would evidently want to talk about?

Because every decent European nerd takes the existence of looopings as a personal attack on their hobby.
It's a widely shunned news source; for stirring the pot, and getting their information from disrespected sources and means.

Edited to remove unnecessary remarks. - ECG

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
I’m of two minds on this: on one hand, it could just be a nonsense rumor, and the park’s non-response is just them not wanting to fan any flames. On the other hand, the park did mention that investments were getting pushed back/cancelled due to debt being accumulated by the first wave of closures last year. The park was also the last of the major German parks to re-open due to local guidances, and who knows if this year’s closures have only worsened things.

I hope it’s not true, but I don’t feel confident in dismissing it either.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Probably unlikely but I've seen some hilarious speculation on Discord that Hansa could be getting sold to Mack. Apparently at one point in time Mack were interested in buying another German park, initially rumoured to Heide Park. However that was never confirmed so for all we know, it could've been Hansa they were interested in. While I highly doubt it will happen, it would be very interesting to see what would happen if that did come afloat.

cookie

Giga Poster
Probably unlikely but I've seen some hilarious speculation on Discord that Hansa could be getting sold to Mack. Apparently at one point in time Mack were interested in buying another German park, initially rumoured to Heide Park. However that was never confirmed so for all we know, it could've been Hansa they were interested in. While I highly doubt it will happen, it would be very interesting to see what would happen if that did come afloat.
Ngl I’d be interested in seeing how Mack and their Sonic the Hedgehog operations tackle Hansa’s numerous bottlenecks.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Probably unlikely but I've seen some hilarious speculation on Discord that Hansa could be getting sold to Mack.
That sentence resonated strangely with me, as if it was familiar on some level.

Then I remembered that Hansa and Mack are two of the largest breweries in Norway. You're likely to find Mack beer in Tromsø and Hansa in Bergen. In this context, I think it would be more likely for Hansa to buy Mack than the other way around. It probably wouldn't go down well with the locals, however.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster

Lol - NOW, as much I hope Hansa doesn't get sold, IF it was to be sold - MACK would in fact be fab (still family owned) and Europa being Europa - they'd be the best bet in keeping the right 'flavor' and not ruin the park!