What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

Gazza

Giga Poster
The horrid concrete at the start is because they have the work lights on, you'll notice they've got those cut outs at either end to minimise the light spill from the station and lift.
Same goes for the transfer.

I think in reality it will be like black mamba where both sections are kept pitch black in normal operation.

Ethan

Strata Poster
The horrid concrete at the start is because they have the work lights on, you'll notice they've got those cut outs at either end to minimise the light spill from the station and lift.
I did think this, and the lights are definitely most of the issue, but I would have liked just a little something there! This feels like Air tunnel 2.0 (but with a seemingly superior ride)

Hutch

Strata Poster
I do wonder how much more that extra heartline roll would've improved the ride, though...
I wouldn't expect it to add much honestly.

I actually like the final roll on Banshee, probably my favorite inversion of that ride (which isn't saying much tbh). The only thing is that slow inline rolls with a lot of hangtime just seem very out of place for intense B&M inverts. For Monster, it'd probably be fun in itself, but as a finale it might not flow with the rest of the ride.

James F

Hyper Poster
I am hyped for this! Seems to have old school snappiness with the grace of newer B&M, it's even more impressive how fast it seems with all the buildings you fly-by. In terms of appearance, the ride isn't quite done yet, but I am surprised about people complaining about the lack of theming, the fact that you have all those near misses creates all the scenery you would need.

cocoa

Mega Poster
i love when an invert finishes with a series of fast turns and twists over/through things. i like inversions for sure but nothing beats that feeling of quickly swooshing over an environment. i'll take that sort of finale over a corkscrew and a slow turn any day. gotta get myself to sweden...

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
This looks way better than I ever expected it to, like seriously good. Hard to truly tell from a POV but it has that sense of speed that make Nemesis and Black Mamba so good.

Ries

Mega Poster
I might have found one thing I don't like that much. Besides I can not ride this soon.
The colour scheme of the black and green (looks bright green to me), looks a lot like the energy drink Monster. Unless I missed it completely and this is sponsored by the energy drink.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Wow, that looks like it could be pretty intense/forceful esp given its speed of 56 mph, and holy hell how did they pack that ride in there?? Can't imagine myself going to Sweden anytime soon but what a neat little ride, very curious to hear rider reviews. It would be great if B&M could get back to a but of their older days (Banshee was good ofc but it just wasn't the forceful ride I was expecting/heard)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
*gasp* How simple yet so stunning! I always like the eye lights in Swarm, it’s made the ride feel alive at night...but this is a step above. Love it more than I thought I ever would.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Monster's second train is orange rather than green:-

image0.png

Photo by FABH Adventures.

Last edited:

Rupert

Mega Poster
I hope those lights can be retrofitted to all B&M Inverts, it looks amazing.

Can’t wait to get to Stockholm and try this when we can travel again!