What's new

Coaster with the strongest smell?

hyde666

Roller Poster
Last time I went to my home park, the back of Kingda Ka smelled like fertilizer / cow manure. My mother, then, proceeded it to call the back row, "Kingda Ca-Ca" as I told her my experience.

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve got to say, after having visited yesterday; Legoland Windsor seemingly love a good smell pod!

Dragon has a very distinct Medieval smell in the dark ride section, Flight of the Sky Lion uses numerous smells, Monster Party uses a musty smell in the pre-show area, and a smell of desserts during the actual Madhouse section itself, and there are probably more I’m forgetting!

Ethan

Strata Poster
The Saw and Wickerman stations both have rather great pods there imo.
But my favourite (not a coaster) is rides like Chiapas, Atlantica Supersplash, PotC etc. That bromine/chlorine smell is just heavenly.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
The lift hill on Euromir can get pretty ripe in the summer... oh and Odyssey smells like a fish fryer at points (due to its location obv)

MJSMids

Roller Poster
Klondike Gold Mine coaster at Drayton Manor had a really strong smell of diesel or some sort of fuel. It’s the only one that really sticks out for me to this day.

I like the smell of old woodies, the decades of baked in oil and grease has a certain charm to it.

At the opposite end of the scale though is any ride with a leaky gearbox, used gearbox oil smells like rotten eggs and is a complete assault on the nose. Anyone who has changed the oil in a cars gearbox or diff will know what I mean....

James F

Hyper Poster
Old Vekomas such as the corkscrew at AT and FL had a really strong oil smell, not unpleasant to me though, just smelt like a petrol station, same thing with Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Bedholm

Roller Poster
Wildfire's little shack it goes through had this sweet smoke smell that made me hungry every time I rode. Other than that I can't remember any rides really have a smell to them. Admittedly my sense of smell is really bad.

hyde666

Roller Poster
Last time I went to my home park, the back of Kingda Ka smelled like fertilizer / cow manure. My mother, then, proceeded it to call the back row, "Kingda Ca-Ca" as I told her my experience.
Oh, forgot to mention Sooperdooperlooper too. The final trims at the end greet you to a horrible gasoline smell to the right.

Archie

Mega Poster
I remember Wicker man at Alton towers, smelling of very strong of the wood and chain lubricant

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the honey room smell of Arthur at Europa park. Thunder dolphin also deserves a mention for the weird air conditioner outlet smell you get going over the roof of the mall.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Cannonball Express at Pleasurewood Hills, Wicker Man at Alton Towers, and Bubbleworks at Chessington have some pretty iconic and distinct smells. Oddly Cannonball might be my favourite smell of the lot, it just is a retro engine.

Shoutout to Storm in a Tea Cup at Thorpe right at the end of the day for smelling like non-showered teenage sweat as well.