What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Pantheon | Intamin LSM Coaster | 2022

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This literally looks like a normal speed for it. I really hope it doesn't run any slower than that or else the outerbank will be boring.
I posted this right before I went to bed after I'd had a few. Remember the topic I posted about how this affects your perception of pacing?

Looking at it again, yes I still think it looks nice and fast, maybe not as fast as I made out then, but certainly not slow by any means at all.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Personally, I don’t actually think that it looks any more intense than Velocicoaster or Kondaa. All 3 of them look great in their own way to me!

Well, all three are certainly top-notch and will feel very intense in their own way. But from the point of view of absolute g-forces I suspect Pantheon would win the race (followed by Kondaa). However, just my guess from what I've seen...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^What you said. I think it's down to the train length also. Pantheon has slightly shorter trains than the other two, meaning it can do tighter and more whippy elements and transitions. Don't get me wrong, the other two absolutely have their strong points and all three look like some of the world's best coasters. But my point is I think Pantheon will be the most forceful/agressive overall out of the trio, Veloci will be praised for its theming and long length and Kondaa for its crazy amount of airtime, and for the same reasons as Veloci.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
More filth (same chap as that last video)

Damn....it's going so much faster than I thought through even those early outside bank parts! And look at it haul over the accelerating hill. Jesus.
I hope this is open by late May. I worked my trip so I'll be in VA at the end, so I can maximize my chances! If it's not....I'll just have to do a stand alone trip here. This thing looks sick.

Last edited:

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Indeed! And after so much quiet time, how funny this is now increasingly testing meanwhile both Ice Breaker and Iron Gwazi have gone quiet, and Velocicoaster is still not open despite human test runs lol

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The entrance sign is going in. Granted the name isn't on there yet, but the rock work looks gorgeous!

Also, the coaster is now two-train testing.

EDIT:- Is there anything that can be done about the fact Instagram no longer seems to embed properly? It's excruciating.