What's new

D’oh! Missed the single rider line?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I may be dumber than the average bear, but I can think of three times that I visited a park solo and waited in a long line for a coaster, only to realize eventually that there was a single rider line. I did this for Pandemonium at SFoT, for Krake at Heide, and — most painful of all — for Condor at Walibi Holland.

Anyone else make this kind of screw-up?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Not a coaster....but on the Jurassic Park raft ride at Uni Singapore.... after waiting some 45 minutes I found the singles line and jumped in and basically walked on to the next available raft. 🙃

davidm

Strata Poster
Stupid Toboggan Nordique at La Ronde (standard mouse) - probably 45+ mins in line, get to the station, ride op "oh, why didn't you use the single rider line" - thanks for that.

(In my defence, you had to walk around the back of the ride to find the SRQ which is why I didn't spot it (and I was just not expecting one on a mouse) - there were signs though , d'oh)

Nick13

Mega Poster
I’ve definitely stood in painfully slow single rider lines before that have ended up taking longer than the main queue, bluefire and the boomerang at walibi Holland spring to mind!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Universal is the best for these lines!

Granted some parks don't really market them or make them that obvious.

TPC

Roller Poster
Red Force at Ferrari Land for its single rider line at the end of the queue. Still makes 0 sense

emoo

Hyper Poster
The Indiana Jones ride at DisneySea has a single rider line that still takes you through the incredible queue including the pyramid section.

I knew this going in but somehow lined up outside, in a dimly lit queue moving at a snails pace, being drenched from the afterbirth of a hurricane, wondering why staff ahead kept pacing back and forth. It was an eternity until I twigged there had been no maintenance problems, I was in line for a character photo op by mistake. The Indiana ride queue was a bit further down the pathway, right next to the ride sign.

I had a Fast Pass for Expedition Everest a few years back and dutifully joined the FP queue, as I waited I saw the single rider queue was shorter so I jumped across to that. I then watched in despair as the the FP queue went much quicker and no single rider spots became available. It only increased my wait time by about 10 minutes but it felt like much longer as I sulked!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I once got caught "queuejumping" for Spinball at Towers because I forgot about the single rider line....

It was the day of a CF live there years ago so had been going round with the group all day, not needing any of the single rider lines. Split off form the rest of the group at the end of the day to ride the Flume and Spinball. Joined the standard queue for Spinball thinking I was still with the group but remembered about the single rider line about halfway through the queue. Since the park had officially closed by this point so queues were closed, I opted to hop over the fence and joined the back of the single rider line, while in view of the ride op booth.....

Predictably, the single rider queue took much longer than the standard queue so I didn't save any time at all. Ride ops still flagged me when I neared the station and wasn't allowed to ride, despite the fact it would have been quicker if I stayed in the main queue...

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
The Indiana Jones ride at DisneySea has a single rider line that still takes you through the incredible queue including the pyramid section.

I knew this going in but somehow lined up outside, in a dimly lit queue moving at a snails pace, being drenched from the afterbirth of a hurricane, wondering why staff ahead kept pacing back and forth. It was an eternity until I twigged there had been no maintenance problems, I was in line for a character photo op by mistake. The Indiana ride queue was a bit further down the pathway, right next to the ride sign.
Hope you at least got a good pic with Mickey out of it.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yeah I've missed em a couple of times before. Sometimes they really aren't made very clear. The most painful I had was Goliath @ SFNE. oof....that line so slow..... Got off and realized was a single rider line that was empty. Went on again (idk masochist I guess), walked into the station, waved right onto a train being boarded so yeah that one made me a little ashamed how much time I wasted before.