What's new

Energylandia's Future Additions

Marcus

Roller Poster
Does anyone know if the large scale future plan pictures are still on here? I think they came from a presentation the park did a year or 2 ago, I definitely remember one picture showing the then current size of the park and the showing how far they planned to expand?

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
I love the fact that they have huge ambition, but a small part of me feels that they need to go back to the start to sort out the 'mish mash' themed areas. I know that may well be their intention in the future.

It's a bit like Roller Coaster Tycoon, you plonk a load of rides down in a row to bring the people in, then over time it's refined. Aqualantis looks set to be a really well themed area, so it would be fantastic if they can bring the entire park up to this standard that they've set.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
My biggest concern with their expansion is plan is how they will manage to staff it all.

The park already has a huge number of attractions. During my visit in 2018, off peak, they were all open, along with much of their retail and F&B offerings for example. Even if the future expansions aren't as dense with attractions, you still need more staff for commercial, cleaning, security, etc. as well as the attractions.

There surely will come a point where they simply won't have enough people wanting to work there to be able to appropriately staff the entire park, no? They might not be reaching that point yet, but they can't just keep expanding without that becoming a problem eventually? Or am I underestimating the draw and appeal Energylandia have created for people wanting to work there?

Christian

Hyper Poster
My biggest concern with their expansion is plan is how they will manage to staff it all.

The park already has a huge number of attractions. During my visit in 2018, off peak, they were all open, along with much of their retail and F&B offerings for example. Even if the future expansions aren't as dense with attractions, you still need more staff for commercial, cleaning, security, etc. as well as the attractions.

There surely will come a point where they simply won't have enough people wanting to work there to be able to appropriately staff the entire park, no? They might not be reaching that point yet, but they can't just keep expanding without that becoming a problem eventually? Or am I underestimating the draw and appeal Energylandia have created for people wanting to work there?

Don't think it will ever be a problem. They maybe have already employed everyone living in the countryside around but with a 30 minute drive you can get to Chrzanow, Oswiecim and some more small towns. That's at least 50,000 living in these towns combined. If they get even bigger they have over 1 million people living in Krakow and Katowice and that's just a 1 hour drive. I could easily see EL bus in workers from these places, especially university and high school students during summer. They already have EL busses for guests so they could use the same busses for staff for before park opening and after park closing.

Parks like Cedar Point have way bigger staffing difficulties in the local area. They solve it by offering staff accommodation. If EL ever become Disney World size they might also have to start offering staff accommodation, but until then they have over 1 million people close by.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Talking about the huge planned expansions, I am still waiting for the hotel which was originally scheduled for 2018, and is still not being build. I know that they are combining it with the karp museum, but it is getting really strange that they always postpone this project. I mean, we are talking about the park, which opens a 2020 attraction in 2019 just because it‘s finished, not even starting construction on a 2018 project.

Are there any more coasters confirmed for the park? I believe a Tilt-coaster was mentioned, but that’s all I remember missing from the list the park published a few years ago.

Christian

Hyper Poster
I would love to see Energylandia getting a proper hotel but it is probably not going to happen in the next couple of years. EL have a lot of money for capex but a proper hotel (to the scale that they want) is very expensive. I think their hotel will be more expensive then Aqualantis was. A new zone like Aqualantis will draw in a lot of visitors and put EL on the map. A hotel wouldn't. What a hotel would do is allow more guests to spend 2 days (or more) at the park, thereby increasing revenue. But until recently EL hasn't really been a 2 day park. EL already have the campground which does it's job in catering for families and probably gathers a lot of visitor data and from that EL have probably chosen to rather expand the park than build a hotel at this moment.

Another thing we have to remember is that premium hotels like the one EL wants to build are pretty expensive and they need to have guests even when the park is closed. Usually theme parks with hotels are either open year round or host a bunch of conferences during the off season. The hotel at Kolmården practically lives off conferences during most of the year. In eastern Europe there isn't the tradition of conferences and corona has probably made the industry even smaller. EL also have a ton of hotels in Krakow and Katowice so guests can always live there when visiting the park. I think EL have been smart by holding off the hotel for a couple of years to focus on park expansion and to build a reputation of being the best park in Europe.

A hotel will eventually come but I think that will mean a couple of years of slowed expansion and the hotel will probably happen during the years when they work through and improve the old parts of the park. What I don't get is why they always include the hotel in the park map. It doesn't even exist!

pawel98123

Mega Poster
Vekoma on the instagram :

"Just started with a very exciting big project for a European Customer with award winning potential for season 2022 opening. For sure we need more rail pipes. Stay tuned."

I'd love it to be Energylandia project ( maybe tilt ?) but vekoma recently was so praised in the industry that it can be any other European park

Pics from their instagram

149264673_777751293150839_6183846202416641245_n.jpg

148247185_420883182507808_1350182595776969540_n.jpg

148272548_108486987931116_8059087507543525489_n.jpg

Christian

Hyper Poster
Wow! Thanks for the pics!

Boys! We need to speculate about this one, that's what we love the most, we are coaster enthusiast after all. I think it's a 50% chance for it to be Energylandia. Simply because it will be a record breaker opening in 2022 and we don't know about other parks which have started construction on a record breaker. For most parks, construction for a record breaker will take at least 2 years but Energylandia could put the coaster up in way less time. Therefore I think it is for EL.

We also know that EL has already ruined (by running around with heavy equipment on it) a piece of field between Abyssus/Minetrain and the old park. It's possible that we will started seeing digging and concrete pouring there in a couple of months.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Energylandia's official YT page have a video/live going up tommorrow at 19:00
the description seems like there going to do a full walk around talking about the area, video link & description below:

'You, too, are looking forward to opening #aqualantis, our newly discovered world in the light of the flash, Excited and full of euphoria, today we share with you another portion of material recorded at the construction site of the new zone! May the energy of this episode be with you! p.s. and the energy of Whitney Houston: P What about this episode?

Before the new season starts, and our team will perfectly pamper every detail, we invite you for a walk around the aqualantis zone. Names such as Light Explorer or Tidal Wave Twister for fans of our Park are no longer a secret after last weekend, but Kris decided to preserve this knowledge for you - you know, such learning through play. This excitement that accompanies us in our daily work, to finally give back To you, this wonderful piece of land turned into a new land is simply unimaginable. We are very happy that you accompany us in making our dreams come true, so we can also make yours come true'

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Assuming the tilt coaster does go ahead what does everyone think it will be like? I worry that after the drop and first few elements it will have a similar layout to Formula and the second half of Abyssus/Lech (low to the ground corkscrews, airtime hills, etc). Obviously these ride well but I worry that other than the drop the tilt coaster won't bring anything new to the table for Energylandia and just be more of the standard new gen Vekoma style layout. Something more akin to a hyper could be amazing but it's early days so feels premature to even be speculating.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Assuming the tilt coaster does go ahead what does everyone think it will be like? I worry that after the drop and first few elements it will have a similar layout to Formula and the second half of Abyssus/Lech (low to the ground corkscrews, airtime hills, etc). Obviously these ride well but I worry that other than the drop the tilt coaster won't bring anything new to the table for Energylandia and just be more of the standard new gen Vekoma style layout. Something more akin to a hyper could be amazing but it's early days so feels premature to even be speculating.

I think this was the order of elements mentioned in the brief Energylandia issued with that tender thing a few years back.

a. Twisted Vertical Drop;
b. Speed Hill;
c. Overbanked Turn (x2);
d. Highsider
e. Zero-G Ball;
f. Hi-Speed Carousel Turn
g. Camelback
h. Twisted Airtime Hill
i. Barell Roll;
j. Track Twist;
k. Overback Carousel
l. S-Turns
m. Trench Dip

Seems a bit less inversion orientated

pawel98123

Mega Poster
If nothing would change after the tender ( changes are very possible in Energylandia) it will be like this :
a. Twisted Vertical Drop;
b. Speed Hill;
c. Overbanked Turn (x2);
d. Highsider
e. Zero-G Ball;
f. Hi-Speed Carousel Turn
g. Camelback
h. Twisted Airtime Hill
i. Barell Roll;
j. Track Twist;
k. Overback Carousel
l. S-Turns