What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

ThrillsExpress

Roller Poster
So Zamperla's new ride turned out to be a water drop tower.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
video please
i would love to.... I actually saw just a small clip in one of those stupid viral videos of weird things (except on Chinese Weibo not on Facebook) and as of yet i havent refound the video or discovered where the ride is.

Its a bit of a mystery at the moment. but it essentially slowly rises then just drops into the water. Doesnt make an enormous splash like the Zamperla. A very weird design.

edit - Bit of reverse image search bought this up

Its in the first 10 seconds of the video. Looks rubbish :p

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
aaahahah, that looks... awful <3
Also, the next video in that lineup is just like the couch bed IKEA has been selling for the past +10 years

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That video clip is everything I wanted it to be. The JUDDER!

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Blackpool Pleasure Beach are creating a commemorative brick wall in the park for their 125th Anniversary. You can order your own brick in that wall from the link below and also order a replica.
Seems like a reasonable price for £45 if it's there forever.

I didn't look closely at first and thought it would be a commemorative brick floor. I was going to order
Replace with giga
coaster footer

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
2020 continues to take and take...

Not worth its own topic as I do not believe its the start of anything major that will eventually be China 2.0; plus we've all had enough of Phantasialand topics for now no?
Following an incident with water damage in the building housing Hollywood Tour and Fantissima (Crazy Bats being above both has been unaffected) has led to the ride being closed for most of this season and no restart date yet announced for the dinner show while repair work is ongoing.

Unexpectedly however Hollywood Tour has today disappeared from the online park map and in park app. Have the challenging financial effects of corona led to them deciding now to keep it SBNO for the rest of 2020 as a cost cutting measure?
Or last minute its now been given a much earlier than planned retirement? (given the next project is extremely likely based off evidence + rumours to be Geister Rikscha's replacement)
Or just a mistake with the website? haha

20201006_201525.jpg

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
Hollywood Tour is one of the most awkward dark rides I've experienced in a long time, so I don't think I'll miss it if it goes.

cookie

Giga Poster
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but on top of an S&S Free Spin Motiongate Dubai seems to be getting a Maurer spinner from the failed Six Flags Dubai project as well.

Matt N

CF Legend
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but on top of an S&S Free Spin Motiongate Dubai seems to be getting a Maurer spinner from the failed Six Flags Dubai project as well.

According to theparklifekid on TowersTimes, the Maurer spinner is apparently themed to Now You See Me and the S&S Free Spin is themed to John Wick: https://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=40986&start=180#p894408

Phase 1 of these developments is also allegedly due to open in February, and there’s also word that Bollywood could be getting the Mack hyper.

cookie

Giga Poster
Plopsaland De Panne's first resort hotel is set to open on the 24th: