What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
For me it's more the fact that it's new and still happening. We've had time to get over and laugh at the countless rides that share names already existing but I thought we were in a more golden age of rides and marketing now, with parks having a greater awareness of the industry and drive to stand out on a larger scale. Wouldn't anyone in this position want to, on the off chance it became the greatest ride in the world, make it a globally unique brand? I'd love to know how much thought went into it, because to not do that just seems lazy.

That's the crux of it. Of course it's no big deal but it wouldn't have been difficult.
Fair enough. Gratefully coaster naming has rarely defined market-ability. :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
In recent years, parks seem more interested in giving their coaster elements new and unique names than doing the same for the actual coasters themselves. Doesn't matter if the ride is called "Roller Coaster" if it has a Bent Inverted French Horn Spin somewhere in the layout.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
In recent years, parks seem more interested in giving their coaster elements new and unique names than doing the same for the actual coasters themselves. Doesn't matter if the ride is called "Roller Coaster" if it has a Bent Inverted French Horn Spin somewhere in the layout.
umph. Don't even get me started on the "Horseshoe Roll" BS. ?

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
Does anyone know how much this total project is costing? Grona Lund is one of my favourite parks, and when I visited, everything was so tightly compacted together, so it must be one hell of an engineering team to get this whopper put in!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
*Meanwhile in Batavia, Ohio*

@Antinos and I had the chance to swing by Clermont Steel to see what latest B&M track was rolling off the line. For painted track, it was looking more supports for Monster, and a portion of the Zero-G or Corkscrew inversion. Also spotted a few dozen unpainted track sections, fabricated but awaiting their paint job.

Image from iOS (9).jpgImage from iOS (10).jpgImage from iOS (11).jpgImage from iOS (12).jpg

Pretty cool to see a coaster being made on both sides of the pond!