What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

therealcoatman

Roller Poster
What's the bet they begin the POV at the first launch though, just to spite us.

I imagine it will start at the station to capture the full experience... Taron's started in the station and although that doesn't have an exciting dark ride section before the launch... I can't work out what I'm trying to say but I imagine they will start it in the station ?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Wait...does this mean you guys finally get to unsticky this thread? Or do you have to wait for an official date? :p
I'd say we give it a couple more days, as there's evidently a lot of activity in here and people might not want to scroll to find the thread. We usually wait a little while for the initial opening hype to die down. And then sometimes we forget to actually unstick the thread for months.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Keep trying!!! It was doing that to me too! Although I think they’re closed now (tel lines) so maybe tomorrow?

I’ll try tomorrow, but the only day I can do is next Thursday otherwise not until November.

Do you know if they had anything next week or was the following Tuesday the earliest availability?

Wintertraum will take place, but nobody knows in which form

Wintertraum is happening but only indoor shows and no fireworks/tiempo De fuego- opening times 11am to 8pm as usual.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Just been on it.

I am too lazy for a full review, but I will give you a quick one: The queue offers some amazing looks, but other places looks like the park forgot to theme them. Lots of blank sheets of metal and little theming. As long as you see the area, it's fine. The queue goes pretty much arround the area and as long as you can look to the ride it's fine. The view from the opposite site of the Hotel is really amazing.
The area features lots of steam, even the sewers spit out Steam, and the area is always "dirty". Some places look very bare as I feared, but some views are also amazing. Pretty much as I expected.

You'll have to empty your pockets before boarding. You'll receive a wristband which allows you to open a free locker to store your belongings. They use Metal detectors to make sure you have nothing with you when entering the station. The station has Subway station vibes, and nice lighting with just a tiny bit of fog in the air.

The twisting into flying position is so satisfying, and the whole ride is quite smooth. Not "you don't feel anything" smooth, but just slight vibrations which do not disturb the feeling of flying. Some twists are quite intense on the ends of the train, it has some nice Airtime pops, the most intense one being the exit of Launch 2 in the front. You keep flying over, under and through something which really feels great. It's intensity is not too high, but it can pull suprisingly strong in places.

Overall, I'd consider it a very good Rollercoaster and a good addition to the park. Of my 2 flyers I've done so far, this one is my favourite.

Edit: Is this the best ride at the park? I don't want to judge. I have ridden Taron way over 1000 times and it is nothing special for me. FLY on the other hand is still new and refreshing, so I am pretty biased. I am glad that it has it's intense moments, but as a Thrillseeker I wish for some more intensity in places. But considering Taron was more aimed for Thrillseekers, I do not blame the park at all for keeping FLY more family friendly. It still has the same height requirement as Taron, this should give you a hint of what to expect.

Last edited:

ActoRsecundario

Roller Poster
Just been on it.

I am too lazy for a full review, but I will give you a quick one: The queue offers some amazing looks, but other places looks like the park forgot to theme them. Lots of blank sheets of metal and little theming. As long as you see the area, it's fine. The queue goes pretty much arround the area and as long as you can look to the ride it's fine. The view from the opposite site of the Hotel is really amazing.
The area features lots of steam, even the sewers spit out Steam, and the area is always "dirty". Some places look very bare as I feared, but some views are also amazing. Pretty much as I expected.

You'll have to empty your pockets before boarding. You'll receive a wristband which allows you to open a free locker to store your belongings. They use Metal detectors to make sure you have nothing with you when entering the station. The station has Subway station vibes, and nice lighting with just a tiny bit of fog in the air.

The twisting into flying position is so satisfying, and the whole ride is quite smooth. Not "you don't feel anything" smooth, but just slight vibrations which do not disturb the feeling of flying. Some twists are quite intense on the ends of the train, it has some nice Airtime pops, the most intense one being the exit of Launch 2 in the front. You keep flying over, under and through something which really feels great. It's intensity is not too high, but it can pull suprisingly strong in places.

Overall, I'd consider it a very good Rollercoaster and a good addition to the park. Of my 2 flyers I've done so far, this one is my favourite.

Edit: Is this the best ride at the park? I don't want to judge. I have ridden Taron way over 1000 times and it is nothing special for me. FLY on the other hand is still new and refreshing, so I am pretty biased. I am glad that it has it's intense moments, but as a Thrillseeker I wish for some more intensity in places. But considering Taron was more aimed for Thrillseekers, I do not blame the park at all for keeping FLY more family friendly. It still has the same height requirement as Taron, this should give you a hint of what to expect.

What about the dark ride section?

Trax

Hyper Poster
What about the dark ride section?
It's there, but nothing special. The tunnel is quite bare (not ugly though) and features some of those fans with video projection. Looks quite nice and shows basicly some adds for some "products" sold in Rookburgh. Right before the launch, they have a big screen with some "outside" footage. The projection quality is decent, but you realize it is a screen. Still, it is a nice touch.

Ethan

Strata Poster
It's there, but nothing special. The tunnel is quite bare (not ugly though) and features some of those fans with video projection. Looks quite nice and shows basicly some adds for some "products" sold in Rookburgh. Right before the launch, they have a big screen with some "outside" footage. The projection quality is decent, but you realize it is a screen. Still, it is a nice touch.
Any music? Or is it just the sound of disappointed moans?

Trax

Hyper Poster
Any music? Or is it just the sound of disappointed moans?
There was sound, as well while dispatching the station. But overall, the music is not as intense as you expect from Phantasialand. It's more of a gentle score in the background, instead of a theme constantly playing. I can't even recall the music from the dark ride part.
Btw the dark ride part is quite short. 180° turn from the station, the lengths of the station and then into the lift. Maybe 30 seconds.

Ethan

Strata Poster
A shame... I know they were tight on space but I feel they may have missed an opportunity. Will have to ride it for myself though. I can see what people are saying about blank walls though, it's quite disappointing. I was expecting some nice steam/sound effects on the launch too... Oh well.

Trax

Hyper Poster
The ride time felt quite long, especially the first "half". I haven't measured, but I'd say launch - break comparable to Taron, maybe a little bit longer.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
For what it’s worth, if you’re worried about the spoilers, I think it’s worth exercising a bit of self moderation and avoiding the thread... so don’t be too aggy if someone goofs and ‘reveals’ something.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Still, we don't need to make it harder than necessary. Staying spoilerfree will be next to impossible, but we can try to help the people.

img_2519tmk57.jpg

img_2516syjiy.jpg

img_2517tlkzi.jpg

img_2512tukv4.jpg

img_25093mk50.jpg

img_2508nmkv5.jpg

img_250630j6u.jpg

img_25052aj9d.jpg

img_24988tjky.jpg

img_24966xkyv.jpg

img_2483r1jn4.jpg

img_2469f1kt7.jpg

img_2445xukgz.jpg

Yes, that is the entrance:
img_2511bckl0.jpg

kvyt9734a9kw4.jpg

img_2457vqkeg.jpg

img_2453aqj8d.jpg

img_2458pbjdt.jpg

img_24488ejdk.jpg

img_2466qcj3x.jpg

Nikl01as

Roller Poster
I had the chance to try F.L.Y. today and it was amazing. Starting with the very detailed queue, which had suprised me! The ride is very smooth and i like the darkride part. It has this subway/airport vibe! Wondeful. Ah, and the Ham&Egg Sandwich is tasty!