What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Winjas007

Roller Poster
Does anybody know if in the left Wuze-Town-Tower is also some work going on? In the drone video from june, you can clearly see that there is a big enclosed connection between Rookburg an the left Wuze Town-Tower (which as far as I know has always been empty)
In the Wuze-Town-Tower there is an event location. Maybe now its also connected to Rookburgh.

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Rupert

Mega Poster
If I apply now, do you think I can be hired and have my first shift on Monday 7th September? ?
I know what you mean about getting a place for the staff preview, but given they’re only advertising for staff now then I’m not sure I can see it opening that soon, surely it’ll require quite a few weeks to train staff, at least for the coaster operations? Or maybe I’m being naïve and it’s actually a couple of hours of PowerPoint presentation then they’re let loose. An ice cream stand probably doesn’t require that much training either I guess!

DocLa

Roller Poster
In case there is really an employee event at Monday there have to be ride operators already. I'd say they took already experienced operators from other Coasters and trained them on Fly during the test runs in the past few weeks. Of cause they still need normal "station staff" for the daily business.

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
I know what you mean about getting a place for the staff preview, but given they’re only advertising for staff now then I’m not sure I can see it opening that soon, surely it’ll require quite a few weeks to train staff, at least for the coaster operations? Or maybe I’m being naïve and it’s actually a couple of hours of PowerPoint presentation then they’re let loose. An ice cream stand probably doesn’t require that much training either I guess!
At my job as a ride op you just get the explanation and some guidance for about an hour. After that you should have the hang of it. Coasters aren't that hard to operate. Just let the guests sit, close the restraints, make sure there are no trains in the next block and press start, the coaster will take care of the rest. (Now i must say we don't operate extremely complicated coasters and transfers are handled by our maintenance team)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It'll vary from park to park, company to company, but for a large new ride, they'd almost definitely want to get more experienced staff involved. They can have new staff too, of course, but they'd want staff who have a proven track record to get involved.

If staff get to ride Fly, it'll be the perfect time to get staff to experience what it's like with people who are new to the area. It's as close as you can get to practicing with the public without having the public there.

As for the staff adverts and new staff, they'll likely be there to replace staff who go to Rookburgh, as well as extra staff (which they probably need for Winteraum anyways). New staff can be put into the action very quickly once hired: have an induction into the business which gives you basic knowledge, rules and H&S details and a department induction which gives you specific job knowledge and training. From there, you're out there, possibly shadowing staff depending on the role, in the thick of it.

For working on rides, even at companies with the most rigorous and strict training procedures, you can go from 'very first day' to 'batching guests, checking bars and pushing buttons' in like 3 days, if needed.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, Josh has it bang on. With a new area or ride, you want people with experience of dealing well under pressure, working efficiently and self-starters. You then move people around the park/attractions in order of progression from quietest areas to busier dependant on their ability as a staff member, training and experience.

This is usually an ongoing process, though and people can move left/right/centre dependant on their appraisals etc. Well, this was the case of a few places I've worked at/been involved with.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yeah, Josh has it bang on. With a new area or ride, you want people with experience of dealing well under pressure, working efficiently and self-starters. You then move people around the park/attractions in order of progression from quietest areas to busier dependant on their ability as a staff member, training and experience.

This is usually an ongoing process, though and people can move left/right/centre dependant on their appraisals etc. Well, this was the case of a few places I've worked at/been involved with.
You didn’t work at Fantasy Island during the early noughties then!

There it was...

‘you want a job, come in tomorrow’

**Arrives next morning

‘Here’s a user guide, go and operate that ride’

I kid you not! ?

Back on topic, The area looks very messy for a preview in 2 days...

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
It's long time ago! Because the fence was't built! ☝☝

In case you are referring to the fence we saw in
I guess that fence is there, most of it simply hidden behind some of the mess. It is vaguely perceptible, but I think on both sides of the rusty arc support (that low arc support which you can only see from the side) you can identify the horizontal bars of that fence. But it's very hard to see, given the resolution.

However, as the rust on the support was actually added and not removed, the picture must have been shot later and hence the fence is supposed to be there.

Last edited:

roff

Roller Poster
Picking up a few things and sweeping the floor can be done in a couple of hours,
and is probably best left for monday, since there is still active construction on the site.

They were testing the lights until midnight last night, all different color combinations.
Some of the lamps in the area pulsate in red which looks quite cool.
The soundtrack was also already playing in the area.

FDKO

Roller Poster
New job advertisements for RB are online. They are searching for operators, shop assistants and cleaning staff.

PHl claims that RB will open soon.

See job advertisement

Attachments

• 3C9B23A2-C3F8-4EEF-AB2B-34EBF892EF64.png
    3C9B23A2-C3F8-4EEF-AB2B-34EBF892EF64.png
    453.5 KB · Views: 25

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
The gap between the rusty CL portal and the administration building has been closed so that our watching-testruns-window is gone [comiker91 on coasterfriends]:

fetch

It has a somewhat different color than the rest of the rusty wall. Guess it's not yet finished (or needs to be exposed to rainy whether first).

Last edited:

Timo

Roller Poster
Picking up a few things and sweeping the floor can be done in a couple of hours,
and is probably best left for monday, since there is still active construction on the site.

They were testing the lights until midnight last night, all different color combinations.
Some of the lamps in the area pulsate in red which looks quite cool.
The soundtrack was also already playing in the area.
I wonder how it looks at night when the area is not open. I imagine a smoothly teasing illuminating scenery. Not too bright, more subtle glowing effects. It has to be very atmospheric.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
It has a somewhat different color than the rest of the rusty wall. Guess it's not yet finished (or needs to be exposed to rainy whether first).

Don’t you think this could just be to stop people taking photos of the staff riding during the previews on Monday? It just seems like a piece of manufactured board to me, doesn’t look permanent and something that could potentially be removed once the staff previews are over. I imagine they just don’t want photos circulating of the staff riding the coaster before the area is open to the public...

Martini

Roller Poster
Ijust got a look inside the underground station. It's actually just a long corridor that looks really cool. I was also able to listen to a conversation in which Chris and Sebastian talked about how best to regulate the flow of people. It gets sansstig