What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
From Yanninator on PhantaFriends.de another look at the frames for new info/waiting times screens at the Rookburgh gateway.
IMG-20200828-WA0004.jpg.5e0115a417e223e16a4bdf618edfa54f.jpg

IMG-20200828-WA0002.jpg.86de97adba9ada68b170353e485ead49.jpg

Intriguingly the tape and distancing markers stuck down inside the right side of the gateway for Lilli's Cafe have been removed/cleared away - freeing up the space for entry to Rookburgh...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Wow! I am completely floored with the amount of detail in the area now. This ride is going to be truly magical. Look at how the corkscrew hops over the building and dives through the gantry crane, and THEN immediately blasts through the train bridge covering the launch. Basically everything Phantasialand adds looks truly breathtaking, but this might be their best work yet. Rookburgh truly looks like it's on another level.

SlMON

Roller Poster
i found it on phantafriends and if i'm not mistaken this is the fly rail in the picture above this is the podcast page

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Do I witness a paradigm change in Phantasialand's policy about tolerating drone flights here? I remember such things typically being removed from youtube within few days. Does that tell us something?

The Iron Brick

Roller Poster
I went to Phantasialand today (8/28/2020). I took some pictures of the Charles Lindbergh Hotel. There was a small crane that was taken down in the evening. At around 7 p.m., FLY was in testing. In the photos I took (see insta link), we can see a blade (which is located above the Wuze Town / Rookburgh entrance) which was moving.

http://instagr.am/p/CEcwfqfIIGY/
Envoyé de mon G3212 en utilisant Tapatalk

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
By now I'm pretty sure that Phantasialand is planning to open Rookburgh for Wintertraum, probably on November 21. As they offer low-price admission until November 20, I think we can exclude any date before. All the same, if they'd aim for an opening in spring there wouldn't be any need to assemble all those details now. It really feels they are wrapping up things. So I'd say, if a worsening Corona situation doesn't upset their plans (cross fingers!), we can plan a trip for late November. :)

Enil

Roller Poster
I went to Phantasialand today (8/28/2020). I took some pictures of the Charles Lindbergh Hotel. There was a small crane that was taken down in the evening. At around 7 p.m., FLY was in testing. In the photos I took (see insta link), we can see a blade (which is located above the Wuze Town / Rookburgh entrance) which was moving.

http://instagr.am/p/CEcwfqfIIGY/
Envoyé de mon G3212 en utilisant Tapatalk

It looks amazing imo, certainly the fifth picture! Everything is starting to come together very nicely

Ries

Mega Poster
There's some newer drone footage I didn't see posted in this thread...

That second Zeppelin is kinda hidden between faux rock and rust steel walls.
Will it move out and hover over the track and move back in again. Feels like a waste of money judging from this video, because it looks like it won't be noticed by a lot of people.

or is this open from the Wuze side?

JammyH

Hyper Poster
IIRC there is an entrance on the Wuze side. Feels like it would really disrupt the guest flow if you could only enter and exit from the Berlin end.

Most likely with corona measures it will be a one way in and one way out type of thing. Probably enter in from wuze town and exit via Berlin or vice versa.

DocLa

Roller Poster
Somebody @Phantafriends postet a picture of an employee already wearing "FLY-Rookburgh" clothes. It seems the park really wants its fans to freak out...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The photo in question can be found here..

It's quite a generic item of clothing. More something you would expect from, say, merchandise or, at a push, a manager's jacket.

Last edited:

DocLa

Roller Poster
It's quite a generic item of clothing. More something you would expect from, say, merchandise or, at a push, a manager's jacket.

Well this guy is obviously some kind of technician or so. I'm actually a bit confused why he's wearing something referring to rookburgh in general. I mean those technicians are not allocated to special areas but for the whole park, aren't they?

Timo

Roller Poster
Well this guy is obviously some kind of technician or so. I'm actually a bit confused why he's wearing something referring to rookburgh in general. I mean those technicians are not allocated to special areas but for the whole park, aren't they?
Well indeed there‘s project managers etc that are assigned to that specific project.