What's new

Aurora [B&M D6 Dive Coaster] - RLRides - DOWNLOAD NOW

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Urgh so.....

I know I have many projects happening at the moment, but not many people come down to this corner of CF so it's ok right?

This has been a tough week for me, and like usual I get myself lost in layout design to de-stress. This layout came out after looking at emperor and trying to figure out all the shaping details that are different from the D8/10 models that I've researched before. I ended up doing a layout I LOVED and it flows and, urgh, I couldn't just leave it on the shelf, before I knew it I was full of ideas for this little coaster. Taking some inspiration from nordic countries this ride is themed to "riding on the northern lights". I PROMISE I will finish a project this year, the others are reliant on some collaborators who are really busy at the moment, however I think this will be all me =).

Anyway, I present.. Aurora.

Last edited:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Aurora-titlev2.jpg

Background-

Ride on the Northern Lights above the lake, with a vertical drop, and breath taking views of the northern landscape.

Design-

The layout is heavily inspired by Emperor at SeaWorld San Deigo and Valkyria at Liseberg. I wanted to try and emulate this style of ride and create my own version. I've loved how these coasters are condensed, punchy experiences that leave you wanting more as you fly into the brakes. Designing this has made me realise it's a hard balance to get something that gives that experience without being too short or dragging towards the end. The track was designed using FVD++.

Elements-

Vertical Drop (with holding brake)
Immelman Loop
Horseshoe Overbank
Zero-G Roll
Airtime Hill
Side-ways Dive

Notes-

Music is from His Dark Materials Soundtrack by Lorne Balfe
Cars are altered from TheCodeMaster's custom dive trains

Hope you Enjoy
and rate if you can.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well wasn't that lovely?

+ I love the setting on top of the hill, so imposing as you approach the coaster;
+ Layout is fun, compact, with plenty of near misses and solid (realistic feeling) pacing;
+ Obviously very smooth and well made, but I would expect nothing less;
+ Nice trick with the chain-dogs clicking with airtime! How did you manage that? Is it scripted based on the forces, or track location, or... some other form of witchcraft?

Dislikes:
- Scenery a bit rough round the edges, but to be expected from a 'quick' project like this;
- It's not real.

:p

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I've just updated the POV with some better settings and closer to the rails to show the trackwork, and a new soundtrack