What's new

New track at the B&M plant

JuliOverbank

Roller Poster
Sorry for double post.

But for anyone who gives a damn about this or likes me talking dirty (@Antinos )
here is the latest version we have of the code list. It's been slow progress.

View attachment 8331View attachment 8332View attachment 8333

@jpaufsc you were correct about Dark Knight being SC-L it seems.

We have one Hyper left to sort out at thats Shambhala

The Invert, sitdown and flyer lists are all looking a bit sparse still but have managed to fill in one or two.

The blue and purple coasters that recently were shipped from Clermont are still a mystery but raises the possibility that one might fill in the MC-S hyper that is currently missing.
Great work!
Could it be that Yukon Striker was discussed with B&M before Valravn, as it has a lower "number"?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
My question if it could fill the MC-S slot, what park could add a hyper? Just out of interest?
There was this rumour going around that California’s great America would get a b&m hyper, they would have one of the best top 3’s in the world (hyper, gold stricker and rail blazer). Also a year ago Dollywood gave a survey or something to their guests asking whether they would like to see a hyper, spinning coaster or a dark ride. Maybe the announcement they were going to make was for a B&M hyper
Also there is MC-S, so two hypers are in the works
See now I'm starting to get excited because a hyper for CGA would be the right way to start the park's expansion and evolution, but a hyper for Dollywood would be amazing and tbf for Dollywood, I'd see that potential hyper replacing Mountain Sidewinder, because of the rumour that Garmendale, that made Gangsta Granny The Ride (Alton Towers), is apparently making another one rumourdly for DW. So it would make perfect sense either way. But we shall see...
A B&M hyper was certainly part of CGA's master plan, and evidence of a project code as well as a building permit suggest that the project was fairly mature. Unfortunately, the permit was pulled and no track with that code on the label has surfaced...yet. At this point, all we can assume is that the project is inactive as we don't have enough evidence to state whether it's been postponed or cancelled.

Although it appears that project codes are assigned fairly late in the development process (like when money is transferred or steel is cut), it is possible that project codes are assigned relatively early in the design process, allowing the design team to communicate without revealing what the ride is or who the customer is. I know that program codes in the auto industry are essentially the first thing that gets completed, sometimes over a decade before the vehicle would even hit production and typically when execs and thought leaders are discussing what types of products the company should offer in the distant future. As you can imagine, there's an unbelievable amount of churn in the possible offerings when one is a decade away from launching a product, thus our codes are seemingly random, but it's likely that dozens of different iterations and permutations were discussed.

tl;dr - projects can get cancelled and codes can get skipped :p

Great work!
Could it be that Yukon Striker was discussed with B&M before Valravn, as it has a lower "number"?
This is a correct assumption. I don't know if anybody found any concrete evidence regarding these two rides, but the story is supposedly that Valravn was originally intended for Canada's Wonderland and for whatever reason that causes big park chain execs to make a decision like this, the investments got shuffled around, Valravn was relocated to Cedar Point as a fast-track project and Canada's Wonderland's project was rebooted.

Matt N

CF Legend
So Yukon Striker was originally intended for Cedar Point? Very interesting; I would have thought that it had been custom designed with Canada’s Wonderland’s terrain in mind what with the drop tunnel, but it would certainly make a lot of sense given that it took one or two of Valravn’s dive coaster records, and we all know what Cedar Point is like for a good record!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
So Yukon Striker was originally intended for Cedar Point? Very interesting; I would have thought that it had been custom designed with Canada’s Wonderland’s terrain in mind what with the drop tunnel, but it would certainly make a lot of sense given that it took one or two of Valravn’s dive coaster records, and we all know what Cedar Point is like for a good record!
No, the opposite. Valravn was originally intended for Canada's Wonderland and Yukon Striker didn't exist until DM-H was relocated to Cedar Point. Yukon was never intended for Cedar Point.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I guess SC-B must be Dragon Khan (it makes sense chronologically) and SC-D must be Medusa (now Bizarro) at SFGAdv, as it opened the same year as Kraken (2000). I guess SC-F must be SDC's Wildifre, then, which opened in 2001.

I am really enjoying reading all these codes and putting into perspective how great B&M's track record is.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
No, the opposite. Valravn was originally intended for Canada's Wonderland and Yukon Striker didn't exist until DM-H was relocated to Cedar Point. Yukon was never intended for Cedar Point.
I was under the impression that Ziz Yukon Striker was designed in 2014-2015 and was intended to open at Canada's Wonderland in 2016, but Cedar Fair decided to send one to Cedar Point instead and delay Yukon Striker by several years, and they purposely made Valravn slightly smaller so that Yukon would take Valravn's records when it opened 3 years later.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I was under the impression that Ziz Yukon Striker was designed in 2014-2015 and was intended to open at Canada's Wonderland in 2016, but Cedar Fair decided to send one to Cedar Point instead and delay Yukon Striker by several years, and they purposely made Valravn slightly smaller so that Yukon would take Valravn's records when it opened 3 years later.
This is essentially the same as what I said. To add some clarity, when I refer to Valravn as originally intended for Canada's Wonderland, I don't literally mean Valravn as we know it today. Likewise, Yukon Striker has surely evolved from when a dive machine for the park was originally pitched.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Afraid that its almost certainly just track for the same ride as seen in May. First off the colour is the same which is usually a dead give away. But mainly the track has the same F9102 code on it as the previous track.

While IC2-K is the identifier code for B&M I believe F9102 is an internal job number for Clermont Steel Fabricators. You can see that here on the label for IC2-K which states the job number as 9102
job9102.jpg

Another good example of this can be seen here. There are serveral pieces of track labeled with MC-T which is the B&M code for Orion, And they all also have the code F9065 which is the internal CSF job number. On the right of this image you can see some track for Candymonium with the B&M code MC-R and the CSF code F9641

BMCodes.jpg

In short it may not have IC2-K written on it but the CSF job number identifies it as track for the same ride.

Last edited:

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Afraid that its almost certainly just track for the same ride as seen in May. First off the colour is the same which is usually a dead give away. But mainly the track has the same F9102 code on it as the previous track.

While IC2-K is the identifier code for B&M I believe F9102 is an internal job number for Clermont Steel Fabricators

A good example of this can be seen here. There are serveral pieces of track labeled with MC-T which is the B&M code for Orion, And they all also have the code F9065 which is the internal CSF job number. On the right of this image you can see some track for Candymonium with the B&M code MC-R and the CSF code F9641

View attachment 8578

In short it may not have IC2-K written on it but the CSF job number identifies it as track for the same ride.
Oh ok

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Anyhow there is something odd at the Clermont Plant. These images taken in May show a lonely piece of purple track out the back. - Source
It looks like it may have been damaged judging by its condition but it's hard to tell.
Lonely Purple2.jpgLonely Purple.jpg

This piece was here in February as seen below and it's not known what ride it's for - Source
The blue track piece is also unaccounted for.
PURPLEBM.jpg

And in other news judging by the latest concept art it appears the planned B&M Wing Coaster for Silk Valley Paradise in Xi'an, China will be a Parrot Coaster Mirror.
It is just concept art so its still speculation but the images below are a match
SilkVBM2.jpgSilkVBM.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Have we only seen those single pieces of purple and teal track? Don't recall ever seeing a normal amount of track in those colors.
I thought i'd done my geeking for that day. But apparently not ?

The thought that there was only one piece of each blue and purple had originally occured to me as well so I checked it out this morning.
The answer is possibly yes for purple and probably no for blue.

looking at the images on this facebook post you can see there is at least a second piece of blue track in the background of this image sat on its own. And not next to a purple piece as seen in my previous post. (Both these images were taken on the same day)
So there were at least 2 pieces on site.... which seems odd and doesn't really answer anything. Bluealone.jpg

Going back to the internal job numbers at CSF. When i first posted this morning I assumed all track for a ride would have the same internal job number but as best I can tell there are different job numbers for supports, lift hill track, station track and normal track (perhaps also for other track like transfer track too)
Realised this when looking at Canymonium images and coming across several (although consecutive) numbers on various track pieces. (F9632 through to F9641 if you are nerdy enough to care)

In the same Facebook post with the purple and blue track linked above theres some unpainted track with F9101 on it which I assume is also the same ride as F9102 (Grona Lund). That appears to have been all painted now at sat out the front of the plant.

Job9101.jpg

In short. On the 8th of Feb there appears to have been maybe only 1 purple piece and 2 or more blue pieces.

Then theres a gap and the next clear photos i can find are taken on the 7th of May by which point there is only the grey IC2-K out the front and that single piece of purple track left round the back.

Now quite what happened to the blue track is unknown but I'm sure it won't be long until it pops up if it was shipped between people taking pictures at the plant.
So..... didnt really answer anything there ? sorry.
But i feel i learnt some things about CSF job numbers today if nothing else.

On a side note quite why the photographer got so close and didn't take a picture of the actual label on the end I will never know ?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
OVC with a fresh batch of pictures of Grona Lund's track:
http://instagr.am/p/CC1K3lrBToH/ But the last shot is the one I'm extremely interested in:
1595189080545.png
Several things here. First, the piece closest to the camera. Going from an extremely small spine directly into a thick spine, paired with that cross-tie density... something I can't recall seeing before. Second, the back left piece. The amount of curve in that spine has to be either a wild illusion or an insanely sharp piece of track. I know I've seen wing coaster track with thin spine like that first piece, but I can't imagine a wing train navigating the piece in the background...

Definitely possible that this could be for the Surf Coaster. Could explain the first piece as being the pull-up after the launch.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
OVC with a fresh batch of pictures of Grona Lund's track:
http://instagr.am/p/CC1K3lrBToH/ But the last shot is the one I'm extremely interested in:
View attachment 9001
Several things here. First, the piece closest to the camera. Going from an extremely small spine directly into a thick spine, paired with that cross-tie density... something I can't recall seeing before. Second, the back left piece. The amount of curve in that spine has to be either a wild illusion or an insanely sharp piece of track. I know I've seen wing coaster track with thin spine like that first piece, but I can't imagine a wing train navigating the piece in the background...

Definitely possible that this could be for the Surf Coaster. Could explain the first piece as being the pull-up after the launch.
What do you mean by spines and stuff? Don’t quite understand

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
@Markus.Downhill

I mean, look at the piece up in front. The left side of the track is 'taller' / ticker in the spine of the track than the front side of the same piece (the right side of the track) definitely not something I've noticed before either.
The the track right behind that (the left most piece of track in the photo) is oddly shaped as well, the spine (top side of the track) seems to bend sharply on its right side.