What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

emoo

Hyper Poster
Well I'm happy to see some testing, even if the slow mo makes it look slow. But as good as it looks that bloody wall is in the way, will they always consume this thread?

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
Here's a Video of FLY Testing, it start around 1:30 in.
There is also a slow-motion after that.
That confirms that the train will have 10 rows (20 passengers per train)
Already has a very reasonable pace it seems like, also struck by how quiet it is.

When I shared the first image of Fly testing, it completed it at least untill the second launch. Maybe now it completed the whole course.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
When I shared the first image of Fly testing, it completed it at least untill the second launch. Maybe now it completed the whole course.
No maybe about it. Obviously that first train has completed the course otherwise they couldn't and wouldn't be sending trains after it... Doubt they want a collision at Launch 2. Not to mention the report from Tobi shared to here by Phantasiatisch yesterday which talked about how currently they have been running uninterrupted full circuit tests with 2 trains.
Good sign that they are already cycling trains like that hopefully means we won't be suffering any serious prototype technical issues Chiapas style.?

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Sooooo what is this ride? A new style launched Vekoma flyer? I only ask as it’s a little tedious trying to piece it together in one go rather than having followed it from the start - it’s not actually that obvious. Cheers!

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Sooooo what is this ride? A new style launched Vekoma flyer? I only ask as it’s a little tedious trying to piece it together in one go rather than having followed it from the start - it’s not actually that obvious. Cheers!
Brand new Vekoma flying coaster, first flying coaster in the world to feature a launch- it will have a double launch

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Sooooo what is this ride? A new style launched Vekoma flyer? I only ask as it’s a little tedious trying to piece it together it one go rather than having followed it from the start - it’s not actually that obvious. Cheers!
Basically yeah. Vekoma's new generation flyer model with sideways loading and then brings you into the flying position with the track rotating 90° and the seats rotating 90° too. Quicker loading and capability for dark ride scenes. Add in 2 Launches, 2 inversions, supposedly airtime, lots of twists and turns through steampunk/industrial theming and a hotel = that's F.L.Y. in a nutshell.

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
No maybe about it. Obviously that first train has completed the course otherwise they couldn't and wouldn't be sending trains after it... Doubt they want a collision at Launch 2. Not to mention the report from Tobi shared to here by Phantasiatisch yesterday which talked about how currently they have been running uninterrupted full circuit tests with 2 trains.
Good sign that they are already cycling trains like that hopefully means we won't be suffering any serious prototype technical issues Chiapas style.?

Oh indeed, if they are sending train after train, then it's all clear ??

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
At Phantafriends Yanninator said that in front of the administration building scaffolding has appeared and the red panels already have been removed partially.

So it looks like the administration building (at least the part visible from Rookburgh) will soon fit into the area.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
New pictures of the scaffolding around the office building and the work on the hotel blocks are continuing.

It looks like the administration building will get theming on the outside of the park too. This way it will fit the theming of Hotel Charles Lindbergh.

IMG_5403.thumb.JPG.6d76757611c28d3104045e268bd17468.jpegIMG_5398.thumb.JPG.a39534e6ee0eeec0e07c5523a5287597.jpegIMG_5395.thumb.JPG.83fece93071491b7d790399b4382e25e.jpegIMG_5399.thumb.JPG.9e827dd4851b84c8beebed1f8dbf5bd6.jpeg
Even on the roof they're taking away the red panels so it really looks like the whole building will get an industrial theme to fit the Rookburgh style.

IMG_5404.thumb.JPG.9531fad9db17dd6f73373e2d6b7f9ebd.jpeg
Source: Duron on Phantafriends

Last edited:

UP87

Mega Poster
I don't like the chimney on the left which is in front of the brick chimney. And whoever built this is a bit off scale with the coaster. Besides that it looks really cool and I think we'll get something like that.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Update from Phantafriends:
IMG_20200307_160221_1.thumb.jpg.91f2aaaf6be2e4f075c5b58b3aa0a840.jpg
Most likely is this the separate entrance for people with a disability. It gives direct access to the curved building.
♿ ?
IMG_20200307_160134.thumb.jpg.0136824f048082cd34794193aea0766a.jpg
Look closely: it is not concrete. It is the underlay on which the tiles are further laid as can be seen at the bottom of the photo.
IMG_20200307_160155_1.thumb.jpg.70127b48d505dd53dc165eca97391d57.jpg
This door is probably still gonna receive theming but to be honest: I did not expect such an 'ordinary' door in this big entrance facade.

Last edited:

Trax

Hyper Poster
They also started to give the hotel rooms next to the street the Universal Rock treatment to give them the brickwall look.
Sorry for not making a picture, I was running and could not stop to get my phone out of my armpocket.

PS: I could not see or hear any testing going on.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
They also started to give the hotel rooms next to the street the Universal Rock treatment to give them the brickwall look.
Sorry for not making a picture, I was running and could not stop to get my phone out of my armpocket.

PS: I could not see or hear any testing going on.
Here they are:
IMG_5406.thumb.JPG.9bd7f86068abed7859783a99e44256ac.jpegIMG_5407.thumb.JPG.87eb90972595025116fc25ee94ef42e8.jpeg
Source: Duron on Phantafriends

EDIT
The tiles have been laid:
IMG_20200308_173738.jpg
Source is in the picture

Last edited: