What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I don't recall other Premier rides with such a loud roar. I mean, it sounds amazing and kind of goes with the random racing theme of the coaster but it's weird. Can't wait for it to be more amplified when they duel trains, which being SF, will last just a couple of days after opening xD

Still aiming at a 2019 opening, huh, SF? Cheeky bastards!
The spaghetti bowls are pretty comparable in noise level - often you are further away from the layout though which can cause isolation of noise. And I feel comparing to the Backlot Stunt Coasters isn't fair either on noise, considering they rarely break 35 MPH. :p

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Not sure what days I will be going but I am going to be in the LA area from the 22nd to the 30th so fingers crossed it'll be open.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
^Nearly all the schools in SoCal are out by Dec 21, so I can imagine they'd want to hit that target--it'll be a pretty big peak season with Holiday in the Park going on, as well as an upcoming new Winter Food Festival being debuted in about a week. It'll be pretty busy in the parks, weather permitting.

But there's also still a lot to do, and the state has to sign off on the ride, so that can take a while. it'll be a close call, and while I'd prepare for it to not happen, it's not entirely out of the question. Cautious optimism...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
C'mon, fellas. I KNOW y'all wanna buy one of these:

19233779599876094593.jpg

(Yes, that is an actual OEM paint color)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Actually, after reading the article, it doesn't appear open to the general public until January 6th... Only SF pass holders of different tiers can enjoy a multi-week preview of the ride.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
All memes aside, at least the hilarious construction-delay (if we can even call it a delay at this point, Six Flags clearly gives zero hoots about getting their new rides up and running asap) made WCR a little more interesting, especially after all the moaning when it was announced. It's got everything going for a fun story to tell while queuing for it: shameless copy-pasta of two other rides in the park, couldn't make it the 20th coaster despite Six Flags' "best efforts", mind-boggling construction delay that pretty much robbed MM of a 2019/2020 addition (depending on how you count it), and who knows what magical ways Six Flags will discover to operate this thing. If they run only 2 trains and the pit-stop takes over a minute, that's almost begging for playing ads in there :p

And if the ride turns out to be good as well, even better. Looking at what the future might hold, it could be peak Magic Mountain next year, so hopefully everyone can enjoy that and West Coast Racers.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As much as I think this project is a joke, I think some of that actually looks pretty fab. Some of it could be very photogenic, too.

My biggest concern is that they'll end up running it like Twisted Colossus, where the duelling elements are basically pointless.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Maybe one more thing regarding the whole "why is this going to MM out of all parks", I never realized this but this is quite a substantial coaster for Six Flags standards and if I'm not mistaken, the first ground-up coaster over 4000 ft of track length in the entire chain since Goliath at La Ronde from 2006 (lol, had to be La Ronde eh?). I suppose Magic Mountain is the only park left in the chain where Six Flags has trust in getting its money's worth when it comes to long rides.