What's new

Rank the Arrow loopers

Edward M

Strata Poster
With all the ranking topics being posted, I wanted to know what your favorite and least favorite Arrow loopers are.

1. Vortex @ KI- Wow, expected **** and got a fantastic ride. Perfect pacing, inversions, and timing for an Arrow looper. I felt no headbanging and good pops of air. My favorite Arrow looper.
2. Tennesee Tornado- Why is this considered the best? It might be smooth, but who cares when it does nothing! It is over in no time at all and only has 3 inversions. While I experienced no headbanging I wish the ride did something.
3. Corkscrew @ CP- If I give Corkscrew anything, it is that it is pretty and lightens up the midway. The ride itself is short and rough. The loop and hill were unbelievably painful while the corkscrews were surprisingly quite smooth. It was just bad.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
I've only been on a few, but out of what I have ridden.

Favorite: Anaconda (Kings Dominon) - It was the first 100+ ft. drop I had experienced, and also my first multi looper. So I'm a little biased towards it.

Least Favorite: Boomerang Coasters (Specifically Sidewinder at Hershey Park) - Not a horrible ride, but after the first time on it, it was just more rough than scary or fun.

BBH

Giga Poster
37. Demon - SFGM: The transition into the double-corkscrew and headbanging just ruins the ride entirely. I hear, however, that they've changed the horse collar restraints? I'll have to ride it again to see.

mistermister

Roller Poster
I've been on Viper at Darien Lake, Anaconda at KD, and Loch Ness Monster at BGW.

I rode Viper a long time ago and I don't remember it too well, but when I rode it I really enjoyed it. (I was too short to ride Ride of Steel then, so it was pretty exciting to ride Viper)
I guess I like Loch Ness Monster more than Anaconda simply because Loch Ness hurts less than Anaconda. That section after the brake run on Anaconda is a killer on the neck, and while Loch Ness is a bit slow for a while, the tunnel and interlocking loops are fun.

So I guess I'd probably rank them 1.Loch Ness, 2.Anaconda, 3.Viper simply because I don't remember Viper

Blizzrock

Roller Poster
metalhead7 said:
Least Favorite: Boomerang Coasters (Specifically Sidewinder at Hershey Park) - Not a horrible ride, but after the first time on it, it was just more rough than scary or fun.

Isn't that a Vekoma?

I'm not sure about a list. Anaconda's a lot of fun, but the setting leaves a lot to be desired (Although a dirty retention pond probably IS a pretty good place to find a giant snake...). Loch Ness is by far my favorite. Such a unique layout that travels around that river running through BGW. It's exciting, but at the same time it's just a beautiful and truly fun ride to be on.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Loch Ness Monster>>>>>>>>>>>>>Corkscrew @ CP>Canobie Corkscrew

Nessie is great because it has no headbanging, some decent drops, nice +gs in the interlocking loops, and surprisingly long helix in a cave!

I've only ridden CP Corkscrew once, but I was actually able to enjoy it (when the corkscrews came I pressed my head against the OTSR, and got no head banging). Along with that is has a nice airtime hill, and some good gs in the loop.

...And Caanobie Corkscrew is ****

BBH

Giga Poster
The restraint hullabaloo is false, by the way. People just grew. :lol:

The horse collars are tricky to figure out, and they seem to be different on every coaster. Of course, that's to be expected with Arrow's famous coat hanger physics that they implemented, creating deviations in each of the corkscrews.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Hmmm.....lets see if I can even get these right as I might accidentally put in a Vekoma due to being mobile.

1) Steel Phantom. Grew up riding the ride and sweet lord did this thing kill you when the trims hit. Without the trims it became a whole different kind of beast. Absolutely loved the ride and miss ot dearly

2) Vortex at KI. Just an overall enjoyable ride. Plus it has batwing action. Umf <3

3) Canyon Blaster. By far the smoothest I have been on. Really decent Gs but nothing really more. Just good fun.

4) Corkscrew at CP. Slightly rough, but not downright terrible

5) Viper at SFMM. While the ride is good clean fun, the trims drop this below Corkscrew. Specifically, the one right before the corkscrews. The batwing saves this though from

6) Anaconda. The ride started out like the much loved Vortex, but quickly diverted into something downright horrific. The best part of the ride for me was the tunnel in the water. The splash effects actually made it look cool, and getting closer to the rear of the train allowed me to partially see them when entering and exiting. Beyond that, the ride is just awful. Blech.

Honorable mention:

Ninja at SFStL. I cant quote remember my ride on this as it was the first coaster I did that day, and my sister and I only did it once. This was back when I was 7 or 8, and I dont really remember much of the ride at all. I would have to reride this to be able to place it.

Double Loop at good old Geauga Lake. Would this even count really? I just remember this being an awesome starter coaster for those wanting to work up to the bigger league of loopers. I would rate it one spot above Corkscrew.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Loch Ness Monster
Tennessee Tornado
Viper
Great American Scream Machine (rip)
Anaconda
Canyon Blaster
Python (rip)
Corkscrew CP
Carolina Cyclone

I might be forgetting some. Because of my shoulders I enjoy these rides unless the ride ops staple me.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I've only done a few:

1. Tennessee Tornado - Short, but intense and smooth. Giggity.
2. Loch Ness Monster - Not too rough. Nice setting too.
3. Carolina Cyclone - A cut above the other loopscrew I've done, but that really isn't saying much.
4. Anaconda - Better than Corkscrew, but doesn't really do anything fun after the MCBR.
5. Corkscrew (CP) - Rough.
6. Python - Not much to it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Viper at SFMM
2. Tennessee Tornado at Dollywood
3. Canyon Blaster at Adventure Dome
4. Vortex at Kings Island
5. Corkscrew at Cedar Point
6. Double Loop at Geauga Lake

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
rtotheizzo17 said:
Loch Ness Monster
Tennessee Tornado
Viper
Great American Scream Machine (rip)
Anaconda
Canyon Blaster
Python (rip)
Corkscrew CP
Carolina Cyclone

I might be forgetting some. Because of my shoulders I enjoy these rides unless the ride ops staple me.

And let me add Dragon Fire to the bottom of this list.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
The only not **** Arrow looper I've been on has to be Loch Ness Monster, and it is a damn fine coaster. I loved it. Tennessee Tornado was not rough but it was also pretty boring so it's kind of middle ground. Every other Arrow looper I've been on has been dire.

Coaster Cinema

Mega Poster
1. Tennessee Tornado - Dollywood
2. Viper - Six Flags Magic Mountain
3. Great American Scream Machine - Six Flags Great Adventure
4. Vortex - Kings island
5. Loch Ness Monster - Busch Gardens Europe
6. Canyon Blaster - Adventuredome
7. Demon - Six Flags Great America
8. Dragon Fire - Canada's Wonderland
9. Carolina Cyclone - Carowinds
10. Corkscrew - Cedar Point
11. Anaconda - Kings Dominion

Last edited:

vdch34278

Roller Poster
Steel Phantom. Grew up riding the ride and sweet lord did this thing kill you when the trims hit. Without the trims it became a whole different kind of beast. Absolutely loved the ride and miss ot dearly.
I guess I'm also one of the few that wishes Steel Phantom was still around in its original form. They should have had Vekoma re-track the ride and give it new trains with newer restraints, though I'm not too sure about what their trains were like in the early 2000's compared to now.