What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I wonder if there isn't something that prevents them from doing much with the very outdated entrance since it's been there for decades while the rest of the park has changed dramatically since then, some areas more than once.
With all the height restrictions the park is placed under, it wouldn't surprise me if there would be a lot of paperwork involved if they wanted to change the external facade of the park in any way. In some places, area regulations are very strict regarding changes to the visual expression of building facades, while you are free to rebuild the inside however you want.

DocLa

Roller Poster
I suppose they would rather prefer to remove the entrance. The space is just to small. Usually you have a large piazza in front of the entrance. But there is no room for this, because the road is directly in front.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

cookie

Giga Poster
With all the height restrictions the park is placed under, it wouldn't surprise me if there would be a lot of paperwork involved if they wanted to change the external facade of the park in any way. In some places, area regulations are very strict regarding changes to the visual expression of building facades, while you are free to rebuild the inside however you want.
Could also be that they'd have to mess with the road itself since the entrance is pretty much right on the sidewalk and there's a bridge going over it, and maybe it'd be too much of a hassle to get approval to do that.

Last edited:

UruDeluxe

Roller Poster
But how is there report about it? If someone thinks it's important enough to tell looopings he could (and should) have shot a picture, as well. If it was an insider... ? We're talking about looopings.nl . Most likely nothing happened at all!

Maybe there is some Snowden Vekoma guy talking to the Dutch triple O.

Pelino

Roller Poster

Attachments

• 7971DF53-4F50-4D97-AB3C-335780CC5DFD.jpeg
    7971DF53-4F50-4D97-AB3C-335780CC5DFD.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 315
  • 3FE8B477-C8D2-4958-B7A1-0681063692A8.jpeg
    3FE8B477-C8D2-4958-B7A1-0681063692A8.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 311
  • CFE04108-FBE3-4E0D-9874-207E361C4685.jpeg
    CFE04108-FBE3-4E0D-9874-207E361C4685.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 297

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Haven't open this thread for 24h and a whole discussion took place...

Note: don't forget that on the inside we have a beautiful park with detailed themed areas and Phantastic attractions... ;)

But now that we're talking about the exterior:

We all know that the main entrance & Crazy Bats building isn't going to be around there for another dozen years. The office building will be modernized or demolished as well. The Klugheim plant wall isn't staying there forever either.

So I repeat what I said before (thread Phantasialand improvements): It's a matter of time before the exterior looks better. In the meanwhile, enjoy this beautiful park and enjoy life. Goodnight!

:) :) :)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
So for those of us who don't follow this thread very often, what's the current guess on when this thing will actually open? I mean, do we even have a year yet? Or are Phantasialand still sticking to that 'it'll be finished when it's finished' line?
Is it gonna be next year? 2021? What?

DocLa

Roller Poster
So for those of us who don't follow this thread very often, what's the current guess on when this thing will actually open? I mean, do we even have a year yet? Or are Phantasialand still sticking to that 'it'll be finished when it's finished' line?
Is it gonna be next year? 2021? What?

It will be next year. Probably the beginning of the season on April 1st

This date is presumed for about the last year.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Teasers first appeared in the park in March 2017, which led some to (I'd say fairly) assume a 2018 opening, but looking at the scale of the project I can't imagine that was ever the plan.

There were some rumours that they experienced significant groundwork problems which has slowed them up significantly, which ultimately delayed the opening from 2019 to 2020.

Of course, we'll never know when they're original / hoped opening date was planned to be, but I think it's fair to say that way back in March 2017, none of us expected a 2020 opening..

DocLa

Roller Poster
The point is: Phantasialand had never officially announced any plans for the opening. The teaser and advertisement in the park is still the only thing we got.

So even if Rookburgh won‘t open in the next five years, nobody had the right to judge about it.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
The wall is indeed further closed, except for the large opening. On the left, next to the hotel, you see a brick wall and a large chimney being built...

IMG_20191119_201257.png
On the right we also see a blue canvas and scaffolding at the back of the wall. So they are already working on theming at the back.
IMG_20191119_201328.png
There is also scaffolding on the left side of the curved hotel tower.

Plus, not that I have to mention, the new added rust to the wall, which you cannot ignore. :p

Source: Phantafriends

Last edited: