What's new

Europa Park | Piraten in Batavia Rebuild | 2020

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I really don't know what to make of Snorri Touren. From what I can see of the concept art, I can't say I'm digging the theme, or that I'm excited for this.

On the other hand, though, it's Europa Park, and having seen first hand what they achieved with Can Can Coaster and Madame Freudenreich Curiosites, both of which are concepts that I wasn't a big fan of to begin with, I suspect they'll have done an amazing job, and that this ride is going to be a lot better than it looks on paper. Here's hoping that I'll (once again) be pleasantly surprised by the end result.

To be honest, I'm more intrigued to see what they're doing with Piraten in Batavia. The old version was poor and dated, but after my recent visit to the park I'd really like to see what they can accomplish by updating it to modern standards.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Well, it's a dark ride I guess! Looks like it's not aimed at my age group anyway, and I suppose I should have expected it to be semi-low budget considering they also had to pay for the entire rebuild of Scandinavia, Pirates and the new coaster.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
I actually quite like it, it's a solid little ride. Only problem I have with it is the screens... Really ruins the flow and beautiful style of the rest of the ride.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Got to ride Snorri Touren today as it continues to soft open daily from 12pm. Personally I really liked it - a delightful family addition to the park's line-up. And a modern quality dark ride in a park that sorely lacks them (Arthur and Madame Freundenrich aside).
The queueline is wonderfully themed with lots of Rulantica and Kronsar easter eggs and references, and humorous paintings by Snorri.
20191024_154949.jpg

20191024_155037.jpg

In the queue you can stick your hand in this box and feel "snake skin" of Svalgur - the mythical sea serpent of Rulantica, the skeleton of which is the lobby centrepiece of Hotel Kronsar.
No photo description available.
20191024_155727.jpg

"Never drink and sail"
20191024_155913.jpg

Don't flash the mermaids...
20191024_160243.jpg

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

No photo description available.
Image may contain: text
The ride itself has nicely themed and colourful sets, with some great lighting and projecting mapping in places and basic but fitting animatronics. I wasn't really that bothered with the heavy use of screens through out they were well blended with the sets - the animation style of MackMedia may not be the best or most modern looking perhaps but it fits with the whimsical cartoony aesthetic of the ride in my opinion.
The multi-media dome however does feel a bit tacked on the end, and for us the motion simulator base wasn't working sadly so it was just like watching a random short hectic film and then moving onwards. Perhaps when fully functional it will impress me more and feel less out of place. It certainly seems like it should be a nice enhancement to the ride experience.

Impressed with how they managed a 4.30 mins ride in such a small space. Overall while not a major headliner attraction its certainly another stellar addition for Europa Park following 2017 and 2018's Voletarium, CanCan Coaster, Valerian and Madame Freudenrich. And hopefully a taster of even better things to come with the new Piraten next year!

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Europa have released this drone footage of the empty park today on what would have the first day of the 2020 season.
Just saw that.

Something tragic, sad but also beautiful about that video. The music is stellar.

It's not priority list for me to go there as have somewhat lowish expectations of the coasters (a bit like Efteling perhaps) but it does look extremely beautiful.