What's new

Hutch's Roller Coaster Road Trip - Final Part: S**t Flags Great Adventure

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
It’s also put a damper on what I expect from the other Intamin pre-fabs.
Don't be disheartened. If you don't like El Toro for it being violent (which I loved), Balder and T Exp run unnaturally smooth to the point that it bothers me. There's gonna be at least one for you out there.
Great report overall, quite the marathon.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Loved this report. From a bunch of basic parks, but you sounded like you were having a great time the entire trip (well, almost... ;) ), and it makes me crave doing another one of those monster road-trips.
It’s also put a damper on what I expect from the other Intamin pre-fabs. I’d hate to find out if they rode anything similar to El Toro. Maybe Colossos is fine now with its recent retrack, but I have no idea what the deal is with Balder or T Express.
For what it's worth - Balder was running amazingly last month. It was awesome.

Thanks for keeping at it and finishing this one! :D

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Completely understand your thoughts on El Toro. Personally I enjoyed it and thought it was worth reriding through the pain but the low, twisting section near the end absolutely sucks balls. The restraints are far worse than those on the RMC's or even Skyrush.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Don't be disheartened. If you don't like El Toro for it being violent (which I loved), Balder and T Exp run unnaturally smooth to the point that it bothers me. There's gonna be at least one for you out there.
Great report overall, quite the marathon.
For what it's worth - Balder was running amazingly last month. It was awesome.
That's reassuring to hear. Now that I've done El Toro, Balder honestly seems like the most rerideable one for me. I know it's often regarded as the weakness of the four, but the I think the tamer/simpler layout and focus on just bunny hills make it the most appealing to me at this point.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
That's reassuring to hear. Now that I've done El Toro, Balder honestly seems like the most rerideable one for me. I know it's often regarded as the weakness of the four, but the I think the tamer/simpler layout and focus on just bunny hills make it the most appealing to me at this point.
For 2 days I struggled to make a decision on whether I preferred Balder or Helix at Liseberg. Balder is so much fun, and filled with airtime, not RMC crazy airtime, but consistent, substantial, airtime. It was only the evening rides on Helix that swung it for me really.