What's new

The Boss at Six Flags St. Louis Closing?

Pear

Strata Poster

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
I wonder if it would be physically possible to convert a coaster using Raptor-track. It’s practically the same technology, right? Just less fabrication time?

Then again it could be nothing, or Six Flags not willing to shell out anymore on maintenance.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I wonder if it would be physically possible to convert a coaster using Raptor-track. It’s practically the same technology, right? Just less fabrication time?
I guess attaching it to the existing wooden structure would be a lot trickier, though. The entire thing is built for one specific track width (station and all), so I presume it would be easier to just stick to that for any refurbishments.

I guess attaching it to the existing wooden structure would be a lot trickier, though. The entire thing is built for one specific track width (station and all), so I presume it would be easier to just stick to that for any refurbishments.
I do think that even though that tagline "End Of the Boss" sounds very Fright Fest, I think we need to keep a look out for markings in early 2020 cause specific types of markings will send enthusiasts insane next year

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I have no way to check my memory at the moment but I vaguely recall similar Boss related haunt names or "teases" popping up over the past few years. Honestly, I have a hunch that this will ultimately end up like Orion - people have been predicting RMC Boss and calling for it for so long that it'll eventually happen, the same way everyone called for a giga coaster at Kings Island. Out of all the remaining wooden candidates for an RMC conversion, Boss is probably the best candidate by a significant margin, so I would not be surprised to see it eventually happen. Those of us who went on the 2016 Live to Kentucky Kingdom did hear that Boss was a future RMC project, but it's been three years since then and the ride hasn't shut yet. It's possible that it was a project that got cancelled, moved to a different park (SFOG?), or delayed a few years. It's also possible that it's still just wishful enthusiast thinking at play. Only time will tell.

cookie

Giga Poster
I remember hearing stories about Boss being deemed too expensive to convert without having it be shortened by a significant length. Can't remember where I heard it or whether or not it was just a rumor, though.

Last edited:

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
That makes total sense. I could see them going into the first turnaround, and then straight into the bunny hops at the end or something, like this:

nD1JVXA.png

Also, a friend of mine that went yesterday had said that he's been told by marketing people at the park "Get your last rides in on The Boss around July 2020". So marketing people have already started planning RMC Boss and it sounds pretty lit... Can't wait!

Snoo

The Legend
I've heard Boss for a few years now. I have high hopes as you could make an amazing ride from that track but it's been a rumor for a while now. This is giving more base to the rumor but I need more verification before I jump on the bandwagon.