What's new

Last Cred Review

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Bandit - Movie Park Germany

Terrible, great layout ruined by the roughness of the ride. Even the break run was rough and you could hear it grind around corners from across the park! Needs an urgent retracking I think (or complete demolition, either's better than it's current state). Think the park need to call RMC in...

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Bandit - Movie Park Germany

Terrible, great layout ruined by the roughness of the ride. Even the break run was rough and you could hear it grind around corners from across the park! Needs an urgent retracking I think (or complete demolition, either's better than it's current state). Think the park need to call RMC in...
I looked at it and thought “this can’t be as bad as I’ve heard, it looks amazing”

I was wrong!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
The Walking Dead - The Ride
So not a new cred because clearly I've ridden X in the past, but it's a totally new "experience" now.
Theming in the queue line, the pre show, the long walk and the way out is done pretty well, as an overall attraction it works well. The entire experience following entering the pre-show is linked well with batching, there's no queue inside anymore so you get straight to the loading station, there will be a small queue if you're at the back of the pre show of course).
The ride itself is basically the same, and it was fine, like always, the stop-start change is a bit cringy but meh, not that offensive. The animatronics are a bit crap, liked the screens though.
The ending is fab and is brilliant with a bunch of screamers, loved how the corridor tightens slightly, there is actually a sense of relief when you see daylight again.

It's a good retheme, as long as they keep staffing it with actors and they keep on top of the effects.
Bit miffed at the height restriction increase as a family guy but see why with the actors and theme.

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Untamed (Walibi Holland)
Superb. I had high expectations and these were all met. Excellent design, love several RMC bends I've seen from POVs and this one had one at the end of the outback section. Excellent inversions. I'm a RMC convert. The drum music as you leave the station is a great touch. Nice storage solution and excellent operations trying to munch through 3 - 4 separate queue lines.
Maybe not the most re-ridable of rides due to the relentless bunny hopping airtime towards the end. I somehow got badly bruised on the second day of rides on my leg. On the first that wasn't a problem so maybe just 1 ride where my leg was caught against my phone and the restraint or something.

Lost Gravity (Walibi Holland)
The first ride on this (one of the inner seats) was somewhat disappointing to me. The outer seats are far, far better. Very different ride then and the close proximity encounters make it great fun. But think it probably doesn't make it into my top 15. I prefer something like Goliath at the park.
Have seen a lot of people wanting a Mack Big Dipper at Blackpool Pleasure Beach but I think some of this would actually be too similar to Icon. I think they should go big with their next coaster and get a ground up RMC wedged in somehow before anyone else does (in the UK).
Had I made the return trip to Walibi Holland (after a whopping 16 years) only for Lost Gravity I think I would have left somewhat disappointed and more happy just to get back on Goliath.

Last edited:

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Golaith - Six Flags Great America.

First drop is simply insane and makes prospect of riding zadra soon, so much more appealing.

Overbank corners make for fast pace ride through out and inversion are top notch.

Especially enjoyed turnaround followed straight after by inversion under main lift hill.

If I was to criticise anything it be the overall length, and that only because the two train operations stacks on brake run 9 out of 10 times with out fail.

Roll on steel vengeance in a couple of days.

Matt N

CF Legend
In preparation for a long day at Blackpool Pleasure Beach's Late Night Riding event tomorrow, I was able to ride my 67th roller coaster in the form of Crazy Coaster at South Pier today while my parents and I were strolling along the Blackpool seafront! I must confess that I'm not really a fan of wild mouse coasters in general, so I wasn't a massive fan of Crazy Coaster. I must say, however; despite it still being quite uncomfortable in the turns like wild mouse coasters often are, I'd actually say it was smoother than both sides of Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom, so well done South Pier! The ride's location over the sea is also a nice novelty! On the whole, Crazy Coaster definitely wasn't my favourite coaster, but it was perfectly OK for what it is!
2/10 (1 star)

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Shivering Timbers - Michigan Adventure

Very good out and back woody packed with buckets of air time on way out and pops of air time on the return, finished with cool up and down helix.

Only thing that disappointing is operations and fact they don't seem to be in any hurry what so ever.

Crowds levels are low but with fact it on 1 train, slow ops and plenty of fast pass users it has meant the little line it has had has hardly moved at all.

Pear

Strata Poster
Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster

Incredible ride that is just nonstop intense. It's a bit slower and rougher than Railblazer and therefore has weaker airtime, but the ride is still incredible and one of the better RMC's I've ridden. It was actually really well themed for SF standards as well. I was impressed to see that some of the footers near the queueline were themed to be Roman columns and the station and queue were very well designed as well. The operations on this ride were great with the moving station and the way grouping worked. I even managed to marathon this and get 14 rides in the span of 30 minutes and the grouper would always leave row 8 open for me!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Helix

First time on this coaster this trip (hashtagbasic). Fell in love with it during the day, but it excels at night.

Final barrel roll is the only actually crap bit, and I love the mix of forces from high Gs, ejector (maybe I should say flojector) and laterals, and the variations in speed as it climbs and dives around the terrain is fantastic.

Lighting package and interaction with other rides take it up a few notches too.

Top 10? Not sure yet, need to think about that. Top 20? Definitely.

Just a shame the queue is so foul, really.

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Steel Veneages - Cedar Point

Got to be honest after experience it for first time yesterday morning I wasn't exactly over whelmed by it. ( @Fi will acknowledge this on basis she was sat next to me. )

Probably number of factors, being bit to aggressive and suffering from over hype to leave a good impression.

I rode it later in the day and warmed to it & got to love it , however still couple sections I didnt like.

Second series of inversion wasn't brilliant to be hoonest. Where it turns you one way and then straight back other way was uncomfortable due to jarring on the seat and bunny hops before brake run seem pointless / painful. My stomach stapled myself every single time going over them.

Loved the first inversion along with section of track that runs through supports.

Top ten coaster, sure with out a doubt, number one I don't know to be honest and be far to common opinion to have.

Xboxgeorgebean2

Roller Poster
MEGAFOBIA, Oakwood (Wales)
I’ve wanted to go on this coaster since 2013 and it didn’t disappoint, the airtime is INSANE and the drop is CRAZY. The Ride is a bit rough and does jackhammer you a bit, but I can look past that because the ride is freakin mental! It is my new number one woodie and my favorite rollercoaster in the uk.

Last edited:

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Valkyria- really great coaster, views from the top of the lift hill are awesome but those god damn vest restraints... they don’t lock but you still lose any decent airtime.

Themeing is fab, great soundtrack and some nice subtly projection mapping in the station.

Was extra special at night as the tunnel is filled with steam lit up all blue.

Just wish it didn’t have vests!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Helix

First time on this coaster this trip (hashtagbasic).

Whaaat? Quite frankly shocked and appalled that you've only just got round to riding this superb coaster. Only off the hook because of your favourable review (it's my number 2 don'tcha know?).

Steel Veneages - Cedar Point

Got to be honest after experience it for first time yesterday morning I wasn't exactly over whelmed by it.

Probably number of factors, being bit to aggressive and suffering from over hype to leave a good impression.

Top ten coaster, sure with out a doubt, number one I don't know to be honest and be far to common opinion to have.

Wronnnnnnng, but whatever... ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Whaaat? Quite frankly shocked and appalled that you've only just got round to riding this superb coaster. Only off the hook because of your favourable review (it's my number 2 don'tcha know?).
I know, it's a bit crazy, isn't it?! I'm not basic anymore, honest.

Guess I'll go ride Wickerman at some point... urgh.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Zadra (Energylandia)

I'll write up a trip report at some point but just finished a day at Energylandia so it's a fresh time to review this one.

My first RMC (basic I know). Morning ride was pretty great - the first drop is absolute madness especially with a lapbar. The rest of the layout has some airitme moments but mainly focuses on inversions and twisting. It was great fun but not in my top five to be honest.

Later on after a 33c day here in Poland, the ride was absolutely flying. Much more intense airtime and relentless speed throughout. A few ejector moments and the zero g stall flowed much better. Possibly top three material for me. Also it's stunning to look at
8.5/10

Attachments

• IMG_20190829_191636_997.jpg
    IMG_20190829_191636_997.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 13

Edward M

Strata Poster
El Toro

Toro was riding bad yesterday. Second to the back was notably rougher than in 2017 but still had its usual airtime and positive Gs. Then I rode on a wheel seat. WOW, it was just terrible. Its layout was still impressive, but the valleys were downright painful. And, I dunno, maybe I’m just too used to ejector now, but the rides got only like 3 good hills and they just don’t feel that special anymore. Don’t get me wrong, they’re still damn good and The Rolling Thunder Hill still kills, but the stuff between those airtime moments is too painful now. My bad experience with the ride certainly wasn’t helped by the fact they only ran one train all day, which made it an hour wait in a park full of walk ons.

Overall, the ride still delivers and has one of the best first drops ever. However, even those non-wheel seat rides consistently gave me a headache. Until it gets some needed TLC, it’s no longer in my top 10. I’ll see if I have a better experience next year, but I think Jersey Devil looks to be much better.

Hutch

Strata Poster
El Toro

Toro was riding bad yesterday. Second to the back was notably rougher than in 2017 but still had its usual airtime and positive Gs. Then I rode on a wheel seat. WOW, it was just terrible. Its layout was still impressive, but the valleys were downright painful. And, I dunno, maybe I’m just too used to ejector now, but the rides got only like 3 good hills and they just don’t feel that special anymore. Don’t get me wrong, they’re still damn good and The Rolling Thunder Hill still kills, but the stuff between those airtime moments is too painful now. My bad experience with the ride certainly wasn’t helped by the fact they only ran one train all day, which made it an hour wait in a park full of walk ons.

Overall, the ride still delivers and has one of the best first drops ever. However, even those non-wheel seat rides consistently gave me a headache. Until it gets some needed TLC, it’s no longer in my top 10. I’ll see if I have a better experience next year, but I think Jersey Devil looks to be much better.
Yep. Good to see I'm not the only one that feels this way. It's a shame for the ride of course.

What you say about the ride having just three good hills, I mean that's really what the ride is. Rest is just a bunch of rough crap. And then there's me who's not a fan of the airtime at all. Was way too painful. I guess the drop was pretty good though, but that's about it for me.

It's pretty annoying I wasn't able to try it out in years prior. I remember hearing about the ride getting a little rougher over the few years or so, but It's sad to here it's changed so much in the past two years, as you say. I can only imagine what it was like a decade ago. :(

It's really dampened my expectations of what other Intamin pre-fabs are like. I always thought El Toro looked like the best of the bunch, and if the others ride any similar, it'd be a real shame.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Batman the Ride - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Wow. What a fun ride! The motions are wild, the flips can be VERY forceful, but the ride is smooth and quite comfy. Even with such intense flipping and some really crazy motions, it didn't leave me beat up or with a headache. I rode this 4 times today, which should say something (Green Lantern once was plenty and I hope to ride X soon but I know it's quite rough) and each ride was different! Each did different things, some were wilder than others, and I just can't stress how out of control it felt and how bonkers some of the movements were. What a crazy ass and fun ride.

Did this yest but forgot to review it
Railblazer - CGA
Lived to the hype, and then some. I did not expect it to be that intense, and wow the airtime. Especially back row. This ride back row feels like it should be illegal. That drop, holy ****, the dive turn had me almost slipping out of the restraint (or so it felt) and just every moment is forceful/intense. The way it whips around this course and its airtime, just feels wrong. A lackluster park, but this is a real winner, and considering CA was formerly famous for its lack of airtime this makes up for it alone. Top 15 steel for sure.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
RidgeRider - Woodlands Park, Maidenhead

Hardly a coaster at all, Coastercount has some weird stuff on it... Did have the shame of driving there specifically for it, riding alone and leaving immediately afterwards... Car surprisingly heavy to push up the "lift" and large laterals on bottom curve. On my 3 goes, only managed to get 1 complete lap in! Purely a debatable +1, glad there's not too many around.