Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Booked myself into a cheap
B&B about 1.5m from the town centre. I should be arriving about 6-7pm on Saturday.

PLEASUREWOOD HILLS MEET UP
Please(ure) Wood you meet inside the park at the benches across from the entrance, somewhere near where I’ve drawn a sinister looking Red Cross in the image below. Please be there by 10:30. If you’re delayed, lost or have no idea what I look like, my mobile is (unchanged) 07787 573565.
AF7F4212-148B-436A-B15A-C4D4C0FFEDC4.jpeg

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I'm heading over to Norfolk tomorrow with the wife and dog for a short break, so I'll see you all there on Sunday morning. :)

Since nobody has made any firm plans about add-ons for Sunday I'm sticking with my original plan to do GYPB and Joyland on Saturday but I might be up for a re-visit on Sunday if the woodie is any good.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Digs booked for Saturday night in Gt Yarmouth. 'The Sea Princess', if anybody cares. It's on the actual seafront, apparently.

Since nobody has made any firm plans about add-ons for Sunday I'm sticking with my original plan to do GYPB and Joyland on Saturday but I might be up for a re-visit on Sunday if the woodie is any good.

Yes please, I'd like to grab the Pleasure Beach creds (well, the woody at least, not arsed about all that kiddy crap ;) ) on the Sunday afternoon after PWH before heading home.

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Digs also booked for yarmouth, stone throw from Joyland, although i should really remember by now that " parking " filter on booking.com doesn't mean its free or onsite :(

Oh well there free on street parking close by.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I'm heading over to Norfolk tomorrow with the wife and dog for a short break, so I'll see you all there on Sunday morning. :)

Could potentially meet up on the Saturday?

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Could potentially meet up on the Saturday?
Yeah I'd be up for that. Our plans aren't firm yet but I expect it would be after lunch when we go, and probably just a quick visit to both parks to get the creds. But if that works for you then send me a PM and we can exchange details :)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Just checked Skegness weather for Saturday. Looking to be wet and very windy with wind speeds up to 44 mph! I guess that may mean Odyssey is unlikely to operate.....

For those hanging around in Skegness till Sunday, weather does seem to brighten up so could always pop back Sunday morning for any rides we might miss

Will

Strata Poster
I'd also seen the weather forecast and had similar thoughts; shortly after booking my wristband this afternoon.
However, the forecast IS changing on a fairly regular basis, so I won't give up yet.

I've messaged Dunes Leisure on Facebook, but have yet to receive a reply. Their website 'helpfully' says 'Open every day from 11'. Not only do I not believe that, but there is no mention of closing. I've already been spited by Miner Mike once...

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Sadly you can't help the weather but at £10 a wristband you not exactly risking much ??
No doubt be spited by something over the weekend but just have to go with flow and have some fun along the way, failing that have some alcohol :)
It the Uk and not the Caribbean after all.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
A back up pub plan sounds good, feel like I haven't seen people in ages so a good catch up is in order anyway. Just thinking of other indoor things, obviously there's the pyramid at FI and Butlins (can you go in randomly, would you want to? Is it any good?). Not sure what else.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
In Skegness now, about to head into town for Bottons if anyone is around. Will be in my trusty grey coat, message for more details E. G. Phone number

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Given the grim weather forecast, and the likelihood of creds being closed, me and Mrs Howie are skipping Fantasy Island and heading straight for Great Yarmouth this afternoon. Look forward to seeing y'all later. :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hope Skeggy is fun - I’ll see everybody either tonight in GY or tomorrow at PWH!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I’m in Yarmouth. Going to wander about, play some Pokemon and get some chips. Drop me a text if you fancy a pint

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Enjoyable day at fantasy island, less could be said for marblethorpe and buttons.

Cheers to serana for running it.

Time for drink i reckon, feels like spent whole day in the car driving

Status
Not open for further replies.