What's new

Tantrum being removed? And Darien Lake closing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Well, somebody posted a photo on the BBP Games discord that showed Tantrum being torn down. It was April Fools.........until this email showed up.
Screenshot_20190403-222325.jpg
So the Twister site was not fit to support the Six Flags Skyscreamer, so now it looks like they are giving their 1 year old Eurofighter the boot. Also, parking issues (Astroworld anyone?) and declining attendance will either close or downsize the park by April 2021. So yeah........Bad Stuff.

Again, this is only a rumor. Take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Seems a bit of a strange move to remove such a new coaster, in my opinion. Admittedly, it was built under different ownership, but it still seems like a questionable move that I'm not sure if the park would take.

If this is true, however, then it does present rather grim news for Darien Lake's future, and it does bring into question; why did Six Flags buy the operating lease in the first place just to close the park in 2021?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Twister's problems haven't been due to the plot its on...

I highly doubt SF bought the operation license for the park and totally rebranded it back just to remove the brand new coaster then close the park.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Twister's problems haven't been due to the plot its on...

I highly doubt SF bought the operation license for the park and totally rebranded it back just to remove the brand new coaster then close the park.
Yeah, but Twister was small and light. Skyscreamer isi large and heavy.
And another rumor: Someone on the CS discord has a friend who has an uncle who works at Elitch Gardens. Apparently the plan is to relocate Sidewinder to Darien upon Elitch's Closing.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This all sounds highly suspicious to me.

I don't follow any of the Facebook, Discord, or any of that, but what's the source of that email?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Post on BBP Games Discord. I'm suspicious too.
I meant the sender* of the email, not the source of the picture. I did read your first post. ;)

*And the recepient, for that matter.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
To be honest, this is pretty laughable - if any Six Flags park were to be closed, it'd most likely be one of their smallest properties like Frontier City, Great Escape or La Ronde. @Cranedude, please don't tell me you're buying into this, 1.5 million visitors a year (according to Wikipedia) is absolutely NOT "low attendance numbers", and parking issues? What parking issues, if Google Maps is to judge?

I know I'm getting a bit frustrated here. Sorry about that. However, this was probably a late April fools joke.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
To be honest, this is pretty laughable - if any Six Flags park were to be closed, it'd most likely be one of their smallest properties like Frontier City, Great Escape or La Ronde. @Cranedude, please don't tell me you're buying into this, 1.5 million visitors a year (according to Wikipedia) is absolutely NOT "low attendance numbers", and parking issues? What parking issues, if Google Maps is to judge?

I know I'm getting a bit frustrated here. Sorry about that. However, this was probably a late April fools joke.
Post on BBP Games Discord. I'm suspicious too.
See?

Hutch

Strata Poster
Six Flags wouldn't go buy a park just to go shut it down the next year.

...Actually maybe they would. This is Six Flags after all. :p

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
Hear me out.........

Tantrum is going to replace Green Lantern at SFMM

Edit... I'm not being serious about this, at all...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.