Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

lostfrequentie

Roller Poster
6-DBC3236-7-AA7-4-E57-B9-A9-15-C7-E4-E0-A207.jpg
Start reading the whole treath again with a special cup off coffee

Last edited:

lostfrequentie

Roller Poster
Ok not even sure what you were linking anyway but I pressed the link and it downloaded an un-openable file to my computer.
IT was a photo witch i send via Twitter in dm to a friend

IT was a photo witch i send via Twitter in dm to a friend
Maybe linked the photo wrong not at the pc at the moment

Ok not even sure what you were linking anyway but I pressed the link and it downloaded an un-openable file to my computer.
Done IT works now

MOD EDIT: Please don't triple post - Pokemaniac

Last edited by a moderator:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Does anyone know if the last piece of track is placed today?
Nope, construction work has resumed after the holidays, but the last track piece is still on the car park.

Source

EDIT:
Some more things to spot from the 1st launch model unveiled last week.
Drawings by PHL Marcus on PhantaFriends.

The gaps marked with blue are where other track pieces will pass through under the launch. Yellow marks two visible coaster supports without the track which passes over there.

The yellow dotted rectangle marks the area the model depicts; with the arrow being the point of view.

The backdrop in the box however actually shows the wall currently being worked on along Maus au Chocolat.
The façade features writing saying "AIRRAIL COMP." (which the original Rookburgh artwork/poster referred to) and the dragon wings symbol/logo also seen on the Rookburgh and F.L.Y. art.
The AR letters on the 1st Launch theming presumably also stands for Air Rail.

Last edited:

Be_coaster

Roller Poster
sketch-1556139068688.png

Next to the administration buildings and behind Berlin mainstreet there seems to be some room left (green area). Is it possible that a second part of the hotel could be placed right next to current buildings? There seems to be a possible connection with the rest of rookburgh behind the buildings of Berlin. Also from this view there seems to be some kind of bridge (red circle). Does anybody know if there is a pisskble connection to the paths as colored green and yellow in the picture?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
View attachment 5010

Next to the administration buildings and behind Berlin mainstreet there seems to be some room left (green area). Is it possible that a second part of the hotel could be placed right next to current buildings? There seems to be a possible connection with the rest of rookburgh behind the buildings of Berlin. Also from this view there seems to be some kind of bridge (red circle). Does anybody know if there is a pisskble connection to the paths as colored green and yellow in the picture?
The space between the Rookburgh façade walls and the back of the Berlin buildings (home to park offices and workshops) is a backstage access road so no guests will pass through there. It's also about 1 storey above the "ground level"/paths of Rookburgh.
20190425_001341.jpg

However the area marked in green could potentially be part of the hotel.
Screenshot_20190425-001450_Gallery.jpg

A closer look at this corner from the most recent pictures shows that they are working on concrete foundations there; and the surface being covered seems larger than if it was just another themed façade wall. So perhaps another block of rooms will go there (which also would serve as a thematic backdrop and hide the admin building behind) with a bridge connecting it to the rest of the hotel over the track where it dips down inbetween the overbank and the Zero-G Roll.
fly_1.jpg

IF that theory is correct then from the full picture you get an overview of how the hotel fills this part of Rookburgh. There's the main building on the left with the stairwell, lift shaft and presumed restaurant (the black metal frame for the roof has now been added) forming. The gap left between for the rooms to be stacked up in. And the raised streetside area (not visible in this pic) directly beside is presumably where the entrance/lobby will be.
The concrete structure that has formed right in the middle; in the midst of the all those supports (and with a F.L.Y. fly through) is presumably another block of rooms similar to the small one from the concept art.
And then as I said there could be a connecting bridge rom there to another block of rooms on the right on the edge of the site.
Screenshot_20181221-000734_Gallery.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Is that overbank an inversion? It looks very close to the boundary.

Surprised no-one has created a NL2 simulation of this yet, because I am honestly slightly struggling to understand the layout. A POV would make it easier to comprehend.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Awesome, looks great!

In my opinion, flying coasters need a redefinition of the term "inversion." I think it should be anything 45 degrees past pitch wise to 45 degrees on your back. Thus, making Manta's pretzel loop, and maybe a few other steep moments, like the main and post mcbr drops, the only real inversions. What, rcdb says an inversion is anything 135 degrees or past, aka 45+90, I say we take that same logic!

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
Awesome, looks great!

In my opinion, flying coasters need a redefinition of the term "inversion." I think it should be anything 45 degrees past pitch wise to 45 degrees on your back. Thus, making Manta's pretzel loop, and maybe a few other steep moments, like the main and post mcbr drops, the only real inversions. What, rcdb says an inversion is anything 135 degrees or past, aka 45+90, I say we take that same logic!

135? Shenanigans. Full 180 or nothin