What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Hey hey hey, surely it's not any worse than what I did to get to go to Busch Gardens Williamsburg today? I participated in a Give Kids the World event where if I was able to raise $100 or more, I would be granted a free ticket, T-shirt and complimentary ERT at the park.
It was your money though...you didn't make other people pay for it. Huge difference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
And if you did ask other people to donate for you, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you made the purpose of the donation about the charity. Contrast this with Brendan, who more or less said "buy my shirts so I can ride Yukon Striker first."

I did ask other people to donate. A neighbor and a family member did, and I made it clear that this was to 100% benefit Give Kids the World rather than myself. But I couldn't turn down a visit to a park I'd never been to before and 8 new creds, could I? ;)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Inb4 #LooksSlow...the video appears to be at least a few weeks old already - likely from one of their first few test runs, and would explain the depicted pacing. You can still see the unfinished paths and buildings all around the site.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Holy crap that is a hell of a first drop.

I mentioned on here previously I'm bored of B&M... Yeah I was wrong.

(Mini dives are still **** though).

vaugc002

Mega Poster
That drop into the lake is really rather special. I like the little end bit after the trim too - it's a nice way to finish tbh, especially if the trim lets the train carry a bit more speed once open.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Looks good, despite B&M dives not being my favourite B&M type they are always good fun. Most interested by the vertical loop. Hopefully get to try it this summer.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I love that view from the top of the holding brake. That’ll be a crazy sight in the front row.

It’s funny, after the first immelmann I was expecting it to ride up right to a MCBR. Kinda forgot this actually had a decent length for a DM.

As for the final part, I really wish they had scrapped it and end it right after the final inversion. Or have it go through an extra hill or something. Everything before the MCBR is still longer than most dive machines anyway, so it wouldn’t be any loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
It would be a loss on capacity though. The only reason the MCBR is even there is for capacity.
I'm sure they could've gone for a Fury/Leviathan style brake run and still have three trains though? We've seen it happen on those two rides, I don't see why not here.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Looks like it'll flow much nicer then Valravn's layout from the video but I can't know for certain until I ride it. Debating going up Friday for pass holder previews to ride it. If not I'll probably get up there sometime in june/july. It's a strong addition to a park that really wants a few more quality coasters.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I wish they had done something little nicer with the tunnel... and I'll just assume the lights inside it are off when its actually operational.
I'll be there in June <3