What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

peep

CF Legend
Yeah I am loving this subtle marketing campaign on Twitter. I feel like we must be getting closer to some sort of plan reveal?

Efan

Mega Poster
Ugh I just want to know more about the Mack spinner. I'd love to see some subtle hints to the stats of the ride.
If it is a Dwervelwind clone as we have been speculating, that would give it away instantly. I definitely feel like they're trying to drag it out for a long time.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If it is a Dwervelwind clone as we have been speculating, that would give it away instantly. I definitely feel like they're trying to drag it out for a long time.
As much as a Le Twist clone would be appreciated, I can't help but wish for a custom layout, even if it is a family coaster. Although I'll be happy either way. I love Spinball at Alton Towers and have no doubts this will be better.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
As much as a Le Twist clone would be appreciated, I can't help but wish for a custom layout, even if it is a family coaster. Although I'll be happy either way. I love Spinball at Alton Towers and have no doubts this will be better.

Ehhh, I personally wouldn't be so sure.

I personally prefer Spinball and Dragon's Fury over D'Werevelwind. That's not to say it isn't good, but Spinball and DF are just better for me personally.

A Mack spinner is great for Paultons regardless, so I don't think it's that important of its better than other spinners in the country or not.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
When I went to Toverland I got one amazing ride on Dwervelwind and two not so good ones - I think the layout really needs some spin to make it interesting. The Maurer versions are more inventive IMO in terms of layout but they're also getting kinda old now.

Now...they've set up Radio Z106 where you can listen to those american diner tunes. Also, there are commercial breaks and news reports that tease some things. Massive props to Paultons Park for the marketing campaign!
https://www.visittornadosprings.com/
There is one major hint that says "still haven't got ya drivers license? Come on in to Al's Auto Academy..."
DRIVING SCHOOL ATTRACTION???? Has another ride been hinted?

peep

CF Legend
Yeah I was giving that radio station a listen yesterday, some quality production on it. Paultons are doing a brilliant marketing job with this new area, very excited to see where it goes from here.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Now...they've set up Radio Z106 where you can listen to those american diner tunes. Also, there are commercial breaks and news reports that tease some things. Massive props to Paultons Park for the marketing campaign!
https://www.visittornadosprings.com/
There is one major hint that says "still haven't got ya drivers license? Come on in to Al's Auto Academy..."
DRIVING SCHOOL ATTRACTION???? Has another ride been hinted?
This is absolute brilliant! Clearly some inspiration from WWTP Radio, which is definitely a good thing.

Niles

Giga Poster
So it looks like there might be an announcement on may 1st

D4bIS5kW0AITgq7.jpg:large

I am hesitant due to the last thing about the ho down giving us no new info, this does look more promising though.

I don't want to be bamboozled again :D

I am hesitant due to the last thing about the ho down giving us no new info, this does look more promising though.

I hope there is an announcement, cause I don't think it will be long before groundwork has finished and the rides start going up. The coaster I'd definitely say that the footers will go up in a couple of months at least

Yeldoow

Roller Poster
I'm guessing that this announcement will be the drop towers. They're teasing this as being power generation themed and I can see that working with drop towers.

The coaster is expected to be called Storm Chaser so I don't think it'll be that this time.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I'm siding with @Niles - the last time at that Hoedown event I was expecting some sort of news, but we got quite literally none aside from a few generic Tweets by the Tornado Springs gang regarding the dance's happening.

I really hope that Storm Chaser will be a MACK BigDipper/Xtreme Spinning Coaster hybrid, as that would draw many British (and even other European and/or American) coasterfans to the park and establish Paultons as more than a family-oriented park.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster

I think it's possible Paultons will announce this using the Z106 radio station:

D4bMop4WsAAKDVm.jpg:large

I think the speech from Mayor Bill and the radio sponsorship for the event hints that there will be a radio "broadcast" from the area which would be very exciting. Also by the way 12pm Pacific is 8pm BST so this could be the time of broadcast.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I'll be listening out. Honestly though this is the obsession of 2020 (Icon and Wickerman was the 2018 obsessions)
I'm actually too excited for this!

I can't believe Paultons have gone to all this effort of a radio station, website, numerous twitter accounts etc to push marketing and advertising for the new area. If the amount of effort they've put into the marketing is proportional to the amount of effort they're putting into the area, it's going to blow Lost Kingdom out of the water, and that's saying something as Lost Kingdom was a damn good investment, especially considering the relatively low budget they spent on it.