What's new

Heide Park Colossos retracking (2019)

Snoo

The Legend
:emoji_heart_eyes:

6A2376AC-0E2F-42FE-9907-DBFA9B89CCF2.jpeg

F61B7171-07C5-4564-B381-4193C76ECAF9.jpeg

27EDBF2D-C759-4097-9372-4990EC24F07D.jpeg

If that is final product, I quite like tbh. Yeah, it won't add much to the experience personally, but still looks cool.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Assuming the first photo is Photoshopped around the mouth area? I can see there's smoke/misters but the fire doesn't look real there. At least it doesn't look like smoke/mist lit with orange light and LED screens like Wickerman has.

The actual structure looks decent though, still plopped as hell, but decent. Doesn't change my opinion on it all though, sadly. Also interested in seeing what it looks like from the real track and not the fake track, as it seems as though they're taking it from the same angle as the concept art was, presumably because it looks lame when on the ride in comparison.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Assuming the first photo is Photoshopped around the mouth area? I can see there's smoke/misters but the fire doesn't look real there. At least it doesn't look like smoke/mist lit with orange light and LED screens like Wickerman has.

I think that might be a projection effect, similar to that used on the Gruffalo at the end. Essentially a wall of water vapour with fire effects projected on it.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Really!? That's good to know, husband is 6ft 5.
Has anyone else who is over 6ft 4 been and not had any problems?

all of the thrill seeking rides have a 1.95M max on them by the looks of the park map, have got in a habit of checking places as I went out of my way to six flags new england and they wouldn't let me on that due to my height (6'6)

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
The effect in the promo and from the sides looks good, but how convincing will that bit of extra track actually be when you ride?
I do have a bit more faith in Heidepark in making sure the effects work most of the time though.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
all of the thrill seeking rides have a 1.95M max on them by the looks of the park map, have got in a habit of checking places as I went out of my way to six flags new england and they wouldn't let me on that due to my height (6'6)
Good to know- thank you. Looks like it's a no go for us then!!

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Out of interest... Why? It's a bold move trusting a park to maintain basic effects when they couldn't manage to maintain the actual coaster properly.

Dunno, call it nostalgia for the park when I used to live in Germany? I remember the park normally taking care of theming as good as they can.
To me it feels like, "We care to get things right, but we aren't given the budget for it", if that makes sense? :)

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Looking good, let's hope they keep it that way this time round.

For those who have visited Heide Park - is the tree dude anywhere near any public areas? The Wicker Man dude is in a great location as a viewing point for non riders and usually attracts a crowd. Seems you'll only really see it for the split second you ride through it.

I'm just as pumped for this as Untamed and Zadra tbh, it's a new coaster for me and feels like a brand new opening.